Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Ghastly   Reptilover1   Ghastly   Ammeratsu   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Ammeratsu   Ghastly  
 Member  Message

Ghastly
View Profile

Just my luck....

I booked a nice little getaway for me, Al, Milla and Boni for Friday this week to Hellestø Beach for the weekend. But knowing my luck when i have something planned to do or am going to do something, something always stops me or gets in the way. So last Friday i was out with Zache, Al and Nova we were walking back to mine and Als home and speeding around the corner comes a car and well needless to say here i am lying in my bed with a broken tailbone and a fractured collar bone!!

So apart from being away with myself on pain medication im SO annoyed as me and Al were looking forward to are little get away with the poochies before Boni goes for her training and just to get a nice little holiday together along the beach and throwing a frisbee in the sea for the mutts and grabbing a ice cream for us all were as instead my mum is looking after me 24/7 and Al is when he isn’t working i can’t evan go outside to play with the dogs or let them out for the toilet.

Im just annoyed i never have the best of luck, and my weekend holiday is ruined!!!! :(

03/23/10  06:09pm

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2135484

Just my luck....

Golly! I’m glad you’re okay (relatively speaking, anyway)!!!

03/23/10  06:49pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2135497

Just my luck....

Cheers hun ^^ needless to say this is me for 4 - 8 weeks i am already bored of my playstation, laptop, tv the lot its annoying but i SO badly want to go back to work i get so bored with it but i miss it badly!!

03/23/10  07:00pm

Ammeratsu
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2135503

Just my luck....

Wow, I’m sorry. That really sucks.

I know how it feels to have a broken collarbone. My horse threw me and gave me a "greenstick" fracture(when the bone is pretty much broken in half, but holding on by a little piece. Like when you take a green branch and try to snap it), and that was absolute torture for 6 weeks! It was boring, and every wrong move made me want to die of pain. I couldn’t even put a shirt on. I had to get big tank tops and step into them, lol! do you have to wear a brace?

03/23/10  08:42pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Ammeratsu   In reference to Message Id: 2135525

Just my luck....

Damn being thrown off a horse is something i never want to experience i got thrown off a bucking bronco machine when on holiday and broke my arm in three place’s thats as close to being thrown off a animal i got ^^ how did you cope for 6 weeks? Im not evan a week in and im fed up!! plus i really want to play my Nintendo Wii and complete Tomb Raider!!

I have a strap sleeve black vest on as its easy to get over my head and i have a pair of underwear on my bottom half with slipper socks! Im cold! I have a plaster cast round my waist and a little brace it just holds onto my hips (front, side and small ones on the back) i can’t bend or sit up due to the cast and the fact that its broken and its annoying since i have a cramp in my back thats agony! But im just stuck lying down with the laptop on my stomach and my controls down my side. My mum bought Milla up this morning ah it was so emotional she was all like "MUMMY" then just stopped her swirling (how she greats me) and just looked as if to say "whats this then? i don’t like this get it off" but she has stayed up on my bed with me apart from when my mum rolled me over a little so i don’t get bed sore’s lol ^^

03/24/10  07:01am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2135640

Just my luck....

I can’t imagine how that feels, I couldn’t do it. Good luck to you.

03/24/10  09:45am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2135678

Just my luck....

I have broken both my arms numerous amounts of times along with ribs and evan had a spinal fracture from a motorbike accident (a car decided to over take my on a sharp corner on a busy road) but none of them amount to a broken tail bone it is the single most painful thing i have ever experienced and i can’t evan describe how it feels apart from my collar bone doesn’t hurt as badly!!

Plus i think the most hurtful thing is i can’t do anything ^^ im a vegetable for now lol ^^

03/24/10  10:02am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2135684

Just my luck....

I had a bruised tail bone and I know that hurt, i can’t even imagine what it would feel like broken. I feel for ya, I really do.

03/24/10  12:30pm

Ammeratsu
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2135704

Just my luck....

I was never hurt besides that time. =P I’ve fallen off of her while she was galloping full speed, been bucked off, spooked off, jumped off, etc. That was really the only time I got hurt.

I was in a horse show, and I won 1st place in one of the classes. I took a bag from her bag and it scared the crap out of her. She started bucking and rearing, and she ended up throwing me ten feet up. I got knocked out after doing a perfect faceplant, injured my hip, broke my collarbone, injured my back muscles, severed a nerve in my arm(It’s HORRIBLE. It feels like someone took a jagged, flaming piece of wood and stabbed me with it), and gave me a concussion. =P

My sister had a broken tailbone from falling off her horse.

It was REALLY hard for 6 weeks. I couldn’t lift ANYTHING, not even a hardback book. I watched a movie, jumped at a surprising part, and ended up nearly needing surgery because I almost displaced my broken collarbone to where they were going to put metal screws in it. I am SO glad that didn’t happen. I’m TERRIFIED of surgery. I had surgery once to remove my tonsils, and it was HORRIBLE.

I hope you have an easy recovery, though. =P I didn’t.

03/24/10  10:09pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Ammeratsu   In reference to Message Id: 2135841

Just my luck....

Oh heck i wouldn’t ride your horse again i would be relly nervous about her ^^ no offence though

Well i went to the hospital on Tuesday to get my plaster off and put me in a brace as i was bed bound i refused to use a special "container tub" to do my toilets in as i thought it was discuisting having to do my buissiness in a special tub in my bed which i have to sleep and eat in so i looked as if i was 6 months pregnant i was that bloated and when i was at the hospital it was so sore doing the toilet i just cried. But now i am in a brace i can move a little bit eg. bend my knee’s a little and it doesn’t hurt as much when my mum lifts me up to take me to the bathroom i still can’t walk but i can play the Wii so i completed Tomb Raider ^^ and am now re-playing Batman Arkham Asylum and Heavy Rain so im keeping sort of busy ^^

But thats a little up date ^^

03/27/10  11:08am

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area