Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Ghastly   LizaB2008   Ghastly   Reptilover1   Cajunlady24   Reptilover1   Ghastly   Reptilover1   Ghastly   Reptilover1   LizaB2008   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Rae rae   LizaB2008   Reptilover1   Ghastly   RubberDuckey273   Ghastly   LizaB2008  
 Member  Message

Ghastly
View Profile

Are you bathing your dog correctly?

I bet not! Found this today the Japanese have invented a new way of bathing your dog for approx $6.00 full wash and dry. Now i don’t know about everyone else’s dogs but Milla hates water and tub time she just lies in the tub all stiff which doesn’t really get her out any quicker were as if she stood up she would be squeaky clean in no more than 5 mins let alone placed in one of these!!!

http://zamaanonline.com/japanese-dog-washing-machine-3145

Enjoy i know the poochies wont!!

03/16/10  08:56pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2133445

Zoe has no problems getting in the tub and getting a bath. Thats the way I prefer to do it with her double layered coat. She stays wet forever though.

03/17/10  01:07pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2133613

put her in the box thingy im sure she wont want near water again, i felt bad for the dogs in the video :(

03/17/10  01:18pm

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2133614

Wouldn’t most dogs feel a little, oh say, claustrophobic in that thing?????? I mean, charlie’s so small (6 lb. Yorkie) that we put him in the sink. And he’s PERFECT!!! Not only that, he’s the only dog i’ve ever had that doesn’t mind a blow dryer. He’s wild any other time, but during the bath and blow-dry he’s a little gentleman :) That being said, I doubt he’d like being bathed in that!!!

03/17/10  03:42pm

Cajunlady24
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2133640

Since my dogs are short haired they can dry mostly on their own but I would have to say I would rather fight them to wash them then stick them in that thing!!!

03/17/10  05:03pm

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Cajunlady24   In reference to Message Id: 2133667

Here’s another link - pretty much same thing, though this one is only $3.50! Everyone should watch it!!! Ya’ll do realize don’t you that if we did this to a human it would be considered torture ("waterboarding" anyone???)?

Link

03/17/10  07:20pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2133701

I have to agree with the statement that if it was done to a human it would be abuse. My mum is a carer she works in a "nursing" home she looks after elderly people with dementia and people that have been sent there from Insane Asylums that have shut down they have had the "society key" thrown away from them from as young as 12 and are used to being put in a straight jacket they walk into a winter coat or a wooly cardigan forwards with there arms out in front of them but despite that they are lovely people but evan when mum says trying to bathe some of them wouldn’t go in due to abuse in showers from psyical to sexual but yet we can throw a dog in a tiny box with water pouring down on them? I understand it is a "greener" way and helps the environment but evan still filling the tub up with a few inches of water and putting the shower hose on isn’t exactly damaging the environment either!

03/17/10  07:37pm

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2133710

No kidding......Ghastly - didn’t realize you weren’t from the U.S. when I mentioned "waterboarding." So sorry if it was like I was insulting your intelligence!!!! If you didn’t know (and why would you - it’s a hot government/political topic here), waterboarding is something that at one point was used by our intelligence on terrorists to get them to talk. It’s basically trickling cold water onto their faces to get them to talk. I’m not even going to get into politics right now (plus, don’t really like them anyway), but anyway, the ongoing debate is whether or not it’s considered torture. Either way......if that’s a possibility - with it being trickled constantly in your face - how would anyone feel being shut in a box with a constant SHOWER being run on you, with no place to duck your head to get out of it??? It would be like being put under a small waterfall and not being allowed out :)

03/17/10  10:19pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2133769

Lol thats ok don’t worry some people don’t realize unless i state it ^^

I have never heard of "waterboarding" i have heard of what you described being done but never knew its name, really cruel in my opinion. I don’t like the boxes end of in the link i posted the secong video has a Husky in it it is totally squished!! imagine if that was a obese dog, a Great Dane, St. Bernard etc. how are they going to fit in it???

I wouldn’t blame the dogs if they came bolting out of it and cowered away from there owner heck i know Milla would she would proberly have a heart attack in one of those things in October last year we always get heavy rain fall before the snow there was a huge puddle only ankle deep but a good 6ft wide she couldn’t walk around it so jumped right over it if you take her out in the rain she has never done a pee or a poo so quick in her life and has a quick bolt around like a Greyhound then wants to go home by sticking to my side to which i let her the only time she gets what she wants cause i don’t want to be out there any longer than she does!

03/18/10  07:42am

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2133857

Well, in the link I posted, the poor dog (I think it was a huskie too - maybe it was the same video :) came barrelling out baring his/her teeth, growling and generally having a conniption!!! I do have to admit though, my little Yorkie actually likes to play in the rain. He gets into every puddle possible and even rolls in the mud (which is why I’m considering giving him a puppy cut. I’m SO tired of the grooming - which he hates - that comes before and after the baths. Serious matts!!!). When we had all the snow he would actually tunnel through it - with his face/head!!! He’s definately all boy:)

03/18/10  02:30pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2133941

Yeah. I feel like I need to go hit those people in the mouth for laughing at the dog freaking out, yeah. Great way to build trust with your dogs.

03/18/10  05:52pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2133993

Anyone that would say they would find it funny to go in one would be talking out there butt let alone laugh at the dog! I agree with you Liza way for trust building, if i was the dog i would bolt the second the door was opened and take my chances as a stray knowing i wouldn’t go in one of those things again. Heck and people say crates/cages are cruel and inhumane they aint seen anything yet!!

03/18/10  06:01pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2133996

I can’t imagine how bad it feels in there, it’s gotta be like drowning having all of that water some at you like that. I mean, look at the dog, he looks miserable. Who would continue to do that to their dog, let alone laugh at their dog being scared out of it’s mind. People are out of their minds.

03/18/10  06:04pm

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2133445

we have one of those machines in our petstore here. wow, i thought where i lived were always behind in times, guess not. i’ve seen dogs in the machine here, and i wouldn’t put my dogs in it. they can get soap in their eyes and get ulcers that way. also, doesn’t seem like it can do a good job to me. nothing scrubs the dog. i mean think of something like a chow chow with a really thick coat, it’s not going to get it clean.

however, the thought is kind of funny-washing machine for your dog. i can laugh about it, but really think it’s kinda mean.

03/18/10  09:41pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Rae rae   In reference to Message Id: 2134065

Those people laughing at the dog as it was freaking out, scared out of it’s mind needed to be slapped. Thats horrible.

03/18/10  11:10pm

Reptilover1
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2134090

Yep. I agree - NOT FUNNY! Stuff like my Charlie snorting snow up his nose - I think that’s funny :) A dog being freaked out after being in a perpetual rinse cycle - no way.

Something else I just thought of.......wouldn’t the poor dogs get SOOOOO much water in their ears (and then cause possible ear infections)? I mean, good grief!!!!!

03/18/10  11:50pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Reptilover1   In reference to Message Id: 2134108

I never thought i agree with Rachel nothing scrubs the dog. It would be like us in the shower and just wiping the shampoo on our hair then letting the water wash it away, cant feel clean afterwards if there not being scrubbed!

03/19/10  07:23am

RubberDuckey273
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2134163

lol, i know things like these have been out for a while. they’re great if you don’t have a lot of money, and being a bather/ groomer myself i can definitely say it would make my life easier, since washing and drying is the most time consuming and annoying part of the job.

still, the machine can’t tell you if it found fleas, if your dog has dry skin, or bumps or cuts you might have missed yourself. it might not seem like that big of a deal, but one of our customers was able to get her dog into chemo in time to save him because i found a small lump on his neck that neither the owner or the vet noticed.

03/20/10  12:11am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: RubberDuckey273   In reference to Message Id: 2134420

Bloody hell good timing for the dog!!

I can understand the money issue or if like me you are sick of holding your dog up by its hind legs just to rinse the shampoo off the underbelly as she hates the shower hose (let alone water in general) could just bung them in this!!

03/23/10  06:11pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2135486

I’m blessed with a dog that loves water lol.

03/23/10  08:49pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area