Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Baylor13   Ghastly   Goldysgirl76   FutureVet123   Baylor13   LizaB2008   Baylor13   Baylor13   Ghastly   Vwvixen02   Baylor13   Ghastly   LizaB2008   RepticZ   Baylor13   LizaB2008   Baylor13   Baylor13   Prettygirlpittie  
 Member  Message

Baylor13
View Profile

We have puppies at last

Took her to the vet Saturday morning at 8am-5pm and had a few shots of oxytocin. Had four there and on the way home had the fifth one. We got them home she nested and slept for two hours so we got her up and into the Emergency clinic at 8pm and just now got home at 2:30. She got another shot of oxytocin and had two beautiful males then just shook for a few hours. They gave her a few more took an x-ray and one was still in. She had two vets on standby if anything happened so they gave her more oxytocin and finally this morning it was time for the c-sectioon. We had tried and she had tried so hard not to have it but at that time she was on IV fluids to keep her hydrated so it was time. Thoughout it all she did a wonderful job on being a mother. Nursed them like crazy and if they moved away she got them back. The last two were slow to start so they got mom all to themselves but now are doing great. After the surgery we got the news that the pup was long gone, they think even before we got to the clinic because she pushed the two others out so easily but then nothing. He was pretty but we have 7 very healthy active pups. During the surgery we were in the waiting room and the pups all got fed on the bottle and stimulated to go to the bathroom. Made for a good show for some of the kids and three girls really enjoyed wathing and learning about how to take care of pups. Mom is still at the clinic now recovering so we are home to shower and rest until we get the call to come get her. When we left she was sitting up and trying to get up so they said that was a great sign.

Out of all 8 (even the stillborn) we only got one female. Her name is Bella and already has a proud daddy waiting for her! Some of the vets and techs got our number to get a pup too. Pics will be up when mom is at home and resting with pups.

03/14/10  03:39pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Baylor13   In reference to Message Id: 2132802

We have puppies at last

Congratulations on seven healthy puppies ^^ am sorry to hear one wasn’t born alive. Geez one female well she has lots f brothers to protect her i guess ^^ you guys get some rest you will have a busy 8 weeks a had of you lol

03/14/10  04:03pm

Goldysgirl76
View Profile

Message To: Baylor13   In reference to Message Id: 2132802

We have puppies at last

Congats on the puppies.:) Glad to hear that everyone is healthy and mom is doing better. Too bad about the c-section, but sometimes its necessary. Sorry to hear you lost one :`(. I’m sure they are all very beautiful can’t wait to see them. Congratulations....

03/14/10  04:05pm

FutureVet123
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2132805

We have puppies at last

Like Ghastly said, I bet that one little girl can’t wait to grow up with 6 brothers. She’ll definitely be a fighter/tough cookie :-)
Congratulations, and I hope mom comes home happy healthy and soon!
-Peaches and Jeni

03/14/10  04:05pm

Baylor13
View Profile

Message To: FutureVet123   In reference to Message Id: 2132807

We have puppies at last

Just got off the phone with the vet. She is doing great! Nursing for the past four hours she went out and did her bathroom duty great and now they are feeding. If she keeps it down we go up at 8:30 tonight to go get her. They all seem to love her and the puppies. Last night after she went in the back for IV she decided she wanted to be out with "mommy" me and "grandma" my mom so she tore her IV out and escaped four times out of the cage and away from the people. lol. I love her! Pics will be up soon.

03/14/10  08:16pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Baylor13   In reference to Message Id: 2132866

We have puppies at last

Sounds like something Zoe would pull off lol. Congrats on the puppies, glad they are doing well, sorry to hear she had such a hard labor. Glad you guys were able to save her and the puppies. Good luck and keep us posted on the growing. 4 of my pups left this weekend :(

03/14/10  11:20pm

Baylor13
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2132919

We have puppies at last

We are all home and all VERY VERY HAPPY! Pups are resting pics in the morning when I can think.

03/15/10  12:55am

Baylor13
View Profile

Message To: Baylor13   In reference to Message Id: 2132939

We have puppies at last

Thomas the third puppy being born. The vet didn’t want Precious getting the sac or chewing the cord so we stepped in for that part. He ended up being the biggest but a huge pushover.

After four puppies she and I were very tired. She would only behave if I was there so I happily sat with her. If I got up she would wine and shake, but still fed them well.

Last two needed some help getting going but are doing great now. The one I’m holding is Midnight. Born 12:10 Sunday Morning 3-14-10

All 7 of them. From first to last we have by collar color:
1. Brutis - orange - 10:08am 3-13-10 - male
2. Sunny - blue - 12:29pm 3-13-10 - male
3. Thomas - dark green - 1:07pm 3-13-10 - male - full white collar
4. Bella - pink - 2:40pm 3-13-10 - female
5. Cherokee - black - 5:00pm 3-13-10 - male - half white collar
6. Charm - light green - 11:00pm 3-13-10 - male - full white collar
7. Midnight - yellow - 12:10am 3-14-10 - male - full white collar

03/15/10  02:09pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Baylor13   In reference to Message Id: 2133027

We have puppies at last

Ah super super cute!!!!! ^^

03/15/10  02:53pm

Vwvixen02
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2133040

We have puppies at last

Awww I want one, where are you from?

03/15/10  04:37pm

Baylor13
View Profile

Message To: Vwvixen02   In reference to Message Id: 2133068

We have puppies at last

In South Tx. What about you?

03/15/10  04:44pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Baylor13   In reference to Message Id: 2133069

We have puppies at last

I like Thomas ^^

03/15/10  05:36pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2133091

We have puppies at last

Nice markings, can’t wait to see them at 8 weeks

03/15/10  05:43pm

RepticZ
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2133092

We have puppies at last

Your puppies are cute, i bet they smell good too!

03/15/10  11:05pm

Baylor13
View Profile

Message To: RepticZ   In reference to Message Id: 2133188

We have puppies at last

They are the most colorful puppies I have seen in a litter. Not one of them look like mom. All took after dad. And yes they really do smell great. Mommy keeps them as clean as ever. Though after the surgery Precious is the most gassy dog I have ever smelt, and they are bad. She has cleared the room many times. LOL They are all doing great. Bella’s dad is so proud of her. He is already getting things for her and taking pictures and offering money to help out with them, the cost of the vet and getting Precious good and healthy again. He watched her grow up and ever since he saw her he wanted a puppy if she ever had one. He made his request for a girl even before we knew she was pregnant and even had her named. And we have another request for the big male from my mom’s co-worker. She is pregnant and wants a dog that is good with kids but also protective. But time for mom to go outside and the bed to be cleaned. Thanks for all the comments!
Megan

03/15/10  11:57pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Baylor13   In reference to Message Id: 2133208

We have puppies at last

You may want to inform the pregnant woman that they are a very active breed and have a tendancy to be hyper. Puppies don’t understand when they step on the baby or knock her over and that is a caution she must be informed on before she buys a dog. We make sure that everyone interested in buying a Great Dane puppy knows that they have pro’s and con’s. You would be surprised at how many people didn’y know that Great Danes are in fact hyper an need to run, thats why Jokers Original Owner got rid of him. She was pregnant and he was just to much to handle as a puppy.

Also, not all boxers are protective, especially of things they don’t really understand(babies). As a good breeder we must inform our potential owners on the pro’s and the con’s of the breed and not just sell, sell, sell. I would never recommend a Rottweiler to a pregnant woman just for the simple fact that they need alot of training as puppies and alot of stimulation, someone pregnant or that has a baby cannot dedicate their time to this, maybe an adult that has already had this training, but not a puppy that needs trained.

I had Zoe’s name picked out before I ever knew she was the puppy I was picking. She fit the name to a T. Sounds like mom is doing great and your going to have a lot of fun raising them, I know I did. Good Luck.

03/16/10  10:22am

Baylor13
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2133295

We have puppies at last

Oh yea she knows. Her boyfriend wants the dog too and they already have it down to bring him up to Bobby to get trained. She is the one who trained our dogs. Bella is also going up there, who knows Bobby may have all 7 of them in one of her classes! Pretty much everyone at my mom’s work watched both my dogs grow up so they know they can be hyper but with correct training and dedication they should be great. What is really nice is that because they are CGC dogs they can go into funeral homes to be with both the people and staff. Mainly the staff where my mom works though. lol They must have their collars on with their tags and their jacket with their patches but they can go in. Everyone loves them, even the boss’s wife asks them to come in once in awhile.
With our last littler 4 years ago we kept one of the pups for six months because we could never find anyone who could handle her. The rest were fairly good and would listen most of the time but she was so stubborn about everything. We finally found a guy with 3 acers for her to run and get that engery out. It will be the same with these. Personalities are already starting to show and owners are picked for that.

03/16/10  01:18pm

Baylor13
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2133295

We have puppies at last

So this is exciting, our vet at the emergency clinic is on tv. She is also the vet at Houston SPCA and was talking about some of her most horrible cases and how they pulled through. Just thought it was awesome. She stayed with us all 16 hours, her shift was only 12 but she wouldnt go home until she knew Precious and the pups were OK. She was even there Sunday night when we picked her up. Just thought I would share.

03/16/10  02:13pm

Prettygirlpittie
View Profile

Message To: Baylor13   In reference to Message Id: 2133332

We have puppies at last

congrats on the pups! They are sooo cute! It is sad that you lost one :( They are all so pretty! Precious looks like she is being a great mommy!

03/16/10  06:59pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area