Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Ghastly   Ammeratsu   Ghastly   FutureVet123   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Ghastly   Saucier   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Ghastly   LizaB2008   Ghastly   LizaB2008  
 Member  Message

Ghastly
View Profile

PLEASE READ....

If you are an owner of a dog that belongs to a ‘dangerous breed’ category and you also have a small child please take this as a warning. Don’t leave your dog with the child unattended under any circumstances.

Only a little moment was enough for the following to happen. See the photo …..

03/07/10  12:29pm

Ammeratsu
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2130842

PLEASE READ....

OMG, lol! I was reading your post and I was like "Ghastly would never say that!" and I scrolled down. haha. Hilarious.

03/07/10  01:14pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Ammeratsu   In reference to Message Id: 2130865

PLEASE READ....

Yeah well i thought i would make a good comeback lol ^^
I do apologies for the long scroll down i didn’t think i pressed the ’return’ that much

03/07/10  01:24pm

FutureVet123
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2130866

PLEASE READ....

I liked all the returns it was dramatic. I was almost afraid to scroll down! haha we should start this as an email chain. my dad loves sending things like is around all the time
-Peaches and Jeni

03/07/10  03:07pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: FutureVet123   In reference to Message Id: 2130889

PLEASE READ....

Feel free to post it around i was given it as a friend he just typed you’ll like this since you like English Bull Terriers, i just added the text to it. But definitely send it around it’s totally a good humor ^^

03/07/10  03:12pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2130891

PLEASE READ....

OMG, I was totally thinking the worst as I was scrolling down. That is so cute. I love bull terriers. I’ve thought about buying one.

03/08/10  10:19am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2131071

PLEASE READ....

EBTs are beautiful i love the egg shaped head so unique

03/08/10  10:27am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2131074

PLEASE READ....

I like them alot. I have been looking at two different breeds, contiplating on which one would be more compatible for Zoe. They are, the Doberman and tge Bullmastiff. The two of them are my favorite breeds of all time, but I can’t figure out which one’s personality and energy level would match Zoe’s and go with Zoe’s best. I know when I get done with college and get my own place, I am going to have to find Zoe a partner to keep her company, i just don’t know which of these breeds is best. I know I don’t want another Rottweiler. I risk hitting to many people in the mouth already with Zoe, so thats pretty much out of the question. I have thought about bull terriers but they are pretty rare here, at least in the area I live in. It would be nice to think of them as an option, but I would still prefer to have either a Doberman or a Bullmastiff. I love the brindle bullmastiffs, whatever I get will be a male so that there is no female-female conflict.

03/08/10  11:33am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2131087

PLEASE READ....

Owning the breeds i find that Bulls aren’t as energetic and highly stubborn - more than a Rott! Dobermanns some are just too OTT and what we call here ’loose strings’ pretty much meaning they run haywall or if they aren’t ’loose strings’ they are just laid back and don’t really want too move.

The one’s that just mind there own business just want to be left alone Kimba was like that with Nelly and so was Corleone. Were as the ’loose strings’ you could walk them for miles upon miles and they would still be bouncing a very hit and miss breed yet gorgeous.

EBT like other Bullies are easily trainable but EBs are quite alot headstrong and do love to push boundries, Nova’s one is a superb example on that! Boss only really has respect for Nova, me and Zache everyone else is kinda screwed asking him to do something XD

03/08/10  02:28pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2131122

PLEASE READ....

I like Bullmastiffs alot, but I find that alot of them don’t really do so great with other dogs and pets. I mean, I am a firm believer in theway you raise them is the way they turn out. My uncle had a Bullmastiff, Meka, he was awsome. I love his temperment, I love his look, I loved his laid back personality, but he had issues with the other dogs even though he was raised with them. Especially the female Great Dane they had. Meka the Mighty was my favorite dog in the world and I would absolutly love to have a Bullmastiff, but I have to think about Zoe first. She was my first dog and she does come first.

I’ve been doing some research, looking at different breeders of Dobes and BM’s and have found that they are both pretty compatable with Zoe’s personality, but not fully compatable. Zoe is pretty energetic and loves to play alot of the time, but she is pretty laid back most of the time. Zoe is very dominant and has to be put in her place quite a bit, so another female anything is completely out of the question. I need a dog that is mellower then Zoe but is still playful in the same sense. I’m not sure of which one is a better match. It seems alot of people that have Rotts have a chihuahua, I am not a fan of little dogs and never will be. I love large breed dogs. They fit my lifestyle and personality so much better then a little dog does.

03/08/10  05:05pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2131151

PLEASE READ....

I’m not sure if you are a fan of the breed but Labradors do exceptionally well with Rotts especially if you aren’t after another Rott. Cassie (the family chocolate lab) and Nelly were great together they could wear each other out just running around playing tag/chase, plus with them both being a mellow version for there breeds it was a good balance that way along with Kimba highly enjoying it as she could just plod along side me without getting pee’d off.

03/08/10  06:21pm

Saucier
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2131167

PLEASE READ....

Just to add about the labrador it would be a pretty good match with a rottie. Labs are usually pretty submissive so they won’t really threaten Zoe’s position.

My aunt had a female rott and a female Lab and they were great together, they tired eachother out and never fought because the lab was always quite submissive. Although I have a lab x with golden retriever and she is quite dominant and has to be put in her place on a daily basis(but I think it’s because of her cronic ear infections)

p.s Ghastly glad your back

03/09/10  01:33am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Saucier   In reference to Message Id: 2131261

PLEASE READ....

Cheers very much

Cassie isn’t so submissive well in her younger days she was i think she is 5 or 6 this year? (gosh thats bad me and Cassie are so close aswell) but she lets Milla be the boss of her, but i know with bigger/macho dogs tend to dominate other breeds as others find there appearance over dominating... i think the word is that?

03/09/10  06:57am

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2131286

PLEASE READ....

I don’t like labs. Nothing against the breed, I just don’t like their personalities and their extreamly high energy. Zoe is pretty laid back as it is, she only likes to be active maybe 5 hours of the day and chills out the rest of the day. I think a lab would irritate her. My mom has the Cattle dog/ Pit Bull mixs I rescued, I might just take him back. I love him, he is just like Zoe in so many ways and him and Zoe get along perfectly when they are together. I would still like to get a Bullmastiff, but that may wait. Bull is 2 and Zoe will be one, bull only weighs about 60 lbs and is just as mellow but laid back as Zoe is. I think they would be perfect for each other. He compliments her and he is very well trained from me working with him from puppy to adult.

03/09/10  06:41pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2131468

PLEASE READ....

I personally think you have answered your own question in that post ;p it seems as if Bull is meant to be with you and Zoe ^^

03/09/10  07:44pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2131485

PLEASE READ....

Yeah, but I still want my Bullmastiff. I love them, I always have.

03/09/10  09:14pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2131510

PLEASE READ....

They are nice but honestly they do sweet jack so lazy its unreal XD

03/09/10  09:20pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2131516

PLEASE READ....

I don’t mind a lazy dog. Just as long as it has not problems going out for the daily walks and runs I require of them. Thats why Zoe is as fit as she is, she gets the proper excersize. She eats like a little piggy, she has to run it off some how.

03/10/10  10:28am

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2131663

PLEASE READ....

Walks do them ok either a quick brisk one or a long walk and a few short one’s. running for them i wouldn’t recommend as they have delicate windpipes and you will notice just taking them walking sends them in a pant not because there tired but due to not catching air easily and like you’ll know with the Dane’s and Rotts you need to be super careful on there joints shearly down to the heavy build they have putting pressure down on them.

03/10/10  04:12pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2131743

PLEASE READ....

Oh yeah, we don’t do anything strainful to them, just a nice walk everyday and a play in the backyard. Joker likes his ball and Zoe and Shadow like to scrap on the ground.

03/10/10  04:16pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: LizaB2008   In reference to Message Id: 2131746

PLEASE READ....

I love to see dogs play together its so nice. Does Joker have a boomer ball? they are funny to watch dogs try and get there mouths round them XD mine have two boomers and a tractor wheel from Zaches

03/10/10  04:21pm

LizaB2008
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 2131751

PLEASE READ....

He has a Jolly ball. It’s a ball about the size of a basketball with rope attached. He tore the rope out and now it’s just a ball.

03/10/10  11:28pm

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area