Cyclura and Ctenosaura Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Cyclura and Ctenosaura Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Richyandgiggly   Richyandgiggly   Peridot Malachite   Aydsr2887  

Member  Message

Richyandgiggly
View Profile

Homeless with an iguana :D

I’ve never.been a big reptile or even an animal person ever in my 23 years. I’ve been semi homeless off an on throught the past year, but I’ve had an amazing little friend the past year and everythings alright now but this.little guy is a best buddy, resilient, and has really made my life bright again, just by being....a lizard I guess idk lol. He lived with me in a 1986 isuzu trooper for nearly a year when I was living off of unemployment from being laid off when the trooper was not even running. I use to feed him varieties of veggies I would get from subway. I would ask them to put all the veggies on the side in a cup and feed him spinich tomatoes bannana peppers and other veggies. He sniffs around like a puppy when hes gotta go :P I didn’t buy him or want him at first. I got stuck with him when I agreed to watch him for a friend who never came back. I have no idea his age, but he is small. He was very aggressive when I first got him. He would not let anyone even touch him. Now he sleeps on my chest at nights and I hand feed him and have a uvb light and heat pad etc to give him the things he really needs rather.than just covering him up and hope my body heat will even keep him alive during the cold. But he made it and is great! He is a great little buddy and I know the living conditions may have stressed him in the long run but please know I had no one who would take him and only a cardboard box to keep him in when I was first assignee to him. He is alive and great today. Just wanted to share because I don’t have many prod I know here :( especially not anyone who likes my little giggly monster. As soon as I can get photos I will have them up!

10/16/12  01:35am

Richyandgiggly
View Profile

Message To: Richyandgiggly   In reference to Message Id: 2282931

This is he and I (: his name was iggy at first but I’ve come to call him many names the most frequent being Giggles (:

10/16/12  01:48am

Peridot Malachite
View Profile

Message To: Richyandgiggly   In reference to Message Id: 2282932

Wow interesting story. I hope you two are still doing ok. Nice to hear you are doing your best to keep your friend healthy under the tough circumstances.

11/16/12  06:45am

Aydsr2887
View Profile

Message To: Peridot Malachite   In reference to Message Id: 2285508

Many props.... wish I had my high when I was homeless too keep me company

12/11/13  01:03pm

Back to Cyclura and Ctenosaura Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area