Cyclura and Ctenosaura Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Cyclura and Ctenosaura Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

ThePurpleIguana   ThePurpleIguana   Peridot Malachite  

Member  Message

ThePurpleIguana
View Profile

Cage plans?

So I’m going to be building a new cage for my iguana Mclovin. The dimensions are going to be 6ft H x 6ft L x 3ft D. I’m thinking of using melanine, but if you have any suggestions I’m welcome to new ideas. only the front will be glass, hopefully i can get sliding Doors :D. I’m going to make ledges and a fake rock wall out of Styrofoam, tile grout and shields all to seal it up to make it safe. I have many more ideas for the cage, I just wanted to know if this will last her even when she is an adult. She is currently 3 1/2 years old and recovering D: she had lost a lot of weight cuz she wasn’t eating, really lethargic and formed some mbd, two of her toes are bent I took her to the vet as soon as i could, she is strong now and is on the path to gaining her lost weight ^- ^

here she is eating her food i like to call it Guan Chow :3 {two types of greens,orng/red bell pepper, pea pods, acorn squash and yellow squash processed for easy digestion}

you can see how bony she had got D:

path to recovery...

and i geuss it begins on my head ???

07/12/12  01:07am

ThePurpleIguana
View Profile

Message To: ThePurpleIguana   In reference to Message Id: 2273001

Cage plans?

sorry i noticed i posted this in the wrong forum just now -oops my bad 3;

07/12/12  01:20am

Peridot Malachite
View Profile

Message To: ThePurpleIguana   In reference to Message Id: 2273002

Cage plans?

I wish her the very best on her road to recovery. The cage is close tothe right dimensions for an adult iguana according to all recommendations iv read on certain respected iguana related sites. most recommend 8 feet long by 6-8 feet high and 4 feet deep for a fully grown iguana that is 5-6 ft long head to tip of tail.

11/16/12  07:41am

Back to Cyclura and Ctenosaura Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area