Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Crickets-Keeping and Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Crickets-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cc9999   Dragons flame   DBlake   AnoleErin   Lizardchic  

Member  Message

Cc9999
View Profile

How to make your own criket keeper dirt cheap?

How do i make a criket keeper dirt cheap? And make your own food instead of buying it????
HELP

02/10/12  10:50pm

Dragons flame
View Profile

Message To: Cc9999   In reference to Message Id: 2254751

i just took a toco bell cup and put holes in the lid so the crickets can at least breath. It is dirt cheap, but not fancy.

11/12/12  10:06pm

DBlake
View Profile

Message To: Dragons flame   In reference to Message Id: 2285265

A taco bell cup would work I suppose. However I would suggest this. Get a plastic storage container with a lid. Drill 1/16" holes in the lid for air circulation. Place egg crate inside for the crickets. The feed can be just about any pet food on the market. I use the same stuff I feed my dog. I put it in a plastic bag and crush it down, the place it in a jar lid. There are a few different ways to water them. Place potato, apple or carrot slices in the tub, use commercial cricket gel that both feeds and waters, or the way I do it, which is putting cotton, cloth, pretty much anything that will absorb the water in a dish. then just keep the material waterlogged. This waters the insects without giving them a pool to drown in. If you are going to breed, then a heating pad is a good option. I put my breeding colony box together for about 20.00. Hope this helps.

11/13/12  09:57am

AnoleErin
View Profile

Message To: Dragons flame   In reference to Message Id: 2285265

#ff44ffget a plastic keeper with circulation cheap. Then for their food, rotten fruit and or not parished fruits and veg. For water, you can take a piece of sponge and soak it in water. Another way is to get water packed foods like potato and apple.as a bedding, basically anything from aspen to cocoanut fibers.

06/16/13  11:39pm

Lizardchic
View Profile

Message To: Cc9999   In reference to Message Id: 2254751

Ground up oatmeal works great as food

09/15/13  12:51pm

Back to Crickets-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area