Crickets-Keeping and Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Crickets-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Meejee   Kyoss   Veronica _V   Sajane  

Member  Message

Meejee
View Profile

How I Gut-Load Crickets

Hi its bella. i have a Collared Lizard, and Leopard Gecko. I have crickets that i gutload for them both. this is how I Gut-Load

I have a Plastic Bin that is 1 foot long, 4in tall. it is filled with soil, which is moist. I have a very small piece of egg carton. I have a small water dish for them to drink. I fed them these foods: Sweet Potato, Strawberries, Basil, Arugla,lettuce, tomato,and Corn. they chirp alot. i have about 17 crickets in there. i am going to get more soon. please tell me if i am missing anything!

08/04/11  03:28pm

Kyoss
View Profile

Message To: Meejee   In reference to Message Id: 2231759

How I Gut-Load Crickets

I wouldn’t fill the container up with dirt (opinion). Are you planning to breed or just keep them alive?

08/18/11  12:37am

Veronica _V
View Profile

Message To: Kyoss   In reference to Message Id: 2233185

How I Gut-Load Crickets

Give them wet cotton balls to drink from or cricket quench product-- they may drown in the water dish. Crickets are terrible swimmers. Replace the cotton balls daily to keep bacteria to a minimum. Also, they don’t need egg crate if you only have 17, if you ask me... they’ll just much on the eggcrate instead of the food, and paper isn’t very nutritious. I agree with the "no soil" recommendation, also, unless you’re trying to breed them.

12/28/11  03:25am

Sajane
View Profile

Message To: Veronica _V   In reference to Message Id: 2248677

How I Gut-Load Crickets

if feeding veggies, no need for water at all. my set up works very well and is easy to clean, plastic bin with screen top.no substrate. egg crate, deli dish of very moist soil (for egg laying and water source. )any kind of dry cereal or produce or crix gutload. they need a heat source for breeding and growing so uth on bottom outside of bin.after egg tray is full of eggs put it in a different heated bin for hatching loose cover on deli dish. crix water gel and gutload for pin heads along with egg crate. to clean just take egg crate etc. out ,pour crix into a diff box. rinse and dry bin. put every thing back in and tip box of crix so live crix run out into clean box.throw away dead crix and litter.

12/28/11  12:36pm

Back to Crickets-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area