Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Crickets-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Crickets-Keeping and Breeding Forum

Cheech77   Sajane   Cheech77   Sajane  
 Member  Message

Cheech77
View Profile

Newborn pinheads

I had my first batch of pinheads hatch, whoooohoooo, i was so excited! They were all running around, i was proud! The next morning i checked on them and they were all dead....bummed!
I had crumbled paper and the yellow calcium gel for hydration. Any1 have any tips or something for me, i have another batch set up to try again. I was actually shocked that it worked because my problems keeping the soil damp, so when they hatched, i stuck them in a big tub, like a wrapping paper tub,( it was the closest thing i could grab). anything i did wrong or what not, could someone point them out?

Thanks

02/25/11  08:04pm

Sajane
View Profile

Message To: Cheech77   In reference to Message Id: 2206954

Newborn pinheads

I really dont know the answer to that unless it was too cold. every thing else sounded fine.

02/28/11  01:47pm

Cheech77
View Profile

Message To: Sajane   In reference to Message Id: 2207360

Newborn pinheads

Hmmm... I did have them in a huge tub, maybe it was to cold. Question, i use a plastic shoebox and place it on a normal heat pad to hatch them, can they get to hot if i leavem on the heat pad for a week or so?

03/01/11  12:13am

Sajane
View Profile

Message To: Cheech77   In reference to Message Id: 2207533

Newborn pinheads

I suppose they could. Thats how I keep mine ,it does get hotter then recommended for them though. I’m not having that great of luck with the whole thing, It seems like a lot of work keeping it moist and warm. My gecko cages with cocoa fiber substrate and uth are hatching crix like crazy ( of the feeders i put in )

03/01/11  01:39pm

Back to Crickets-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area