Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Crickets-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Crickets-Keeping and Breeding Forum

Monster545   ThesaurusRex   Kyoss  
 Member  Message

Monster545
View Profile

Two or three crickets dying every night help?

I have had these crickets and my leo Monster for 9 days, and every day, at least one or two crickets have died. They will look like thier back legs are brocken, and lay there and die. I dont know what the problem is, but them doing this has caused me to loose alot of food for monster, and tomorrow i have to go buy more, but could anyone give some sugestions? they came in a tubaware container with egg cartons for hiding, and they eat flukers gut load dry food and the orange cubes, also thier water source is the water gel type stuff. I moved them to a 5 gallon glass tank, with toilet paper on the bottom, the egg cartons and the food. I dont know what im doing wrong, can anyone help me?

03/16/10  10:01pm

ThesaurusRex
View Profile

Message To: Monster545   In reference to Message Id: 2133469

What’s the temperature? Humidity can play an important factor as well. They could be dying because the conditions are unfavorable for moulting, so they just die trying. I’m having this problem too...

12/02/10  05:26am

Kyoss
View Profile

Message To: ThesaurusRex   In reference to Message Id: 2190535

Dehydration kills Crickets fast and easy. Also age has a lot to do with crickets. They don’t live very long at all, and If they are old then they will start dieing without any stop-go warning. Let us know what your feeding, how many you house in there, temperature, and how you give them there water.

Cody

01/09/11  11:21am

Back to Crickets-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area