Corn Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Vwarren147   Cphill58  

Member  Message

Vwarren147
View Profile

First snake/ snow corn snake?

I have just purchased my very first snake. It came to the retailer as a fancy corn snake, the workers believe it to be a snow. They mentioned it’s colors will change (currently white and pink with redish eyes) but weren’t sure what they will change into? Also when I’m reading the low night time temperatures I’m reading some things say 60 others say 70, that is a dynastic difference for a reptile, can you guys offer a more clear picture. And day time heat side, some say 80-85 others say 85-90. Right now he’s at 85.

11/26/16  04:44pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Vwarren147   In reference to Message Id: 2319815

First snake/ snow corn snake?

Corns are room temp snakes ... they really don’t need tropical temps ( 80-85) More like the average North American temps from 65 low to 80 high...night drops are ok and winter time no lower than 65F

I keep mine around 70 cool side 78 hot...in the summer here in Utah all supplement heat is off anyway.
A steady 72 in another tank holds the male... room temp is about 74 and the outside wall is a bit cool influencing the tank

Think Native North American snakes and look at google for the typical range of the corn snake...all the way into Canada
They hibernate every year just fine if they need to...

11/29/16  04:38pm

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area