Corn Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Stupasnat   Takahiro111   Luthien1987  

Member  Message

Stupasnat
View Profile

New albino irritated

I just got her a couple of days ago from a college student who said she (the snake)had never struck at him in the 3 years he had her. Call it telepathy or whatever but the way he said it I didn’t fully believe him, but the snake didn’t strike at me until I got her to my home. Irritated is an understatement. I so much as stick my hand in the tank and she stikes at me and starts vibrating her tail for ten minutes after I leave her be. Is this her just adjusting or am I looking at a snake that probable hasn’t been handled very much? I have thought it might be the smell of my two cats but washing my hands before handling her didn’t work and cats are not (nor ever been) allowed in my office.
Any advice?

12/13/15  02:37pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Stupasnat   In reference to Message Id: 2316081

New albino irritated

It can be she’s adjusting to her new home and also the lack of handling. If your snake is a baby their more nippy but will grow out of it in time.

12/13/15  08:39pm

Luthien1987
View Profile

Message To: Stupasnat   In reference to Message Id: 2316081

New albino irritated

Any new corn snake you get you should leave for no less then a week to get adjusted to the new home. Don’t open the viv, touch him/her or feed just leave alone. After a week or so you can feed the snake then leave 48 hours after feed. After all this then try handling, the snake should be a lot calmer then and you will enjoy it a lot more

03/16/16  04:52pm

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area