Corn Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Concernd_for_my_corn   Cphill58  

Member  Message

Concernd_for_my_corn
View Profile

Help!! my corn snake had a heat stroke and now i think she is blind

So, my snake was super cold so my dad took her out of her habitat and put her in a container that she sits outside with. Well, after a while we checked on her and she was belly up with her mouth wide open... I started freaking out and instantly started cooling her off as if she had a heat stroke really carefully. As her body temperature went back down her mouth closed again yet she started to act funny, as if she was just lost. She keep bumping into thing as if she can’t see them , her eyes look kind of normal all except for the pupils are really small and the front part of both eyes almost looks blood shot like shewas staring straight into the sun. I dont know if she has brain damage? She’s blind? Please help me....

06/12/15  05:11pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Concernd_for_my_corn   In reference to Message Id: 2313875

Help!! my corn snake had a heat stroke and now i think she is blind

Heat stroke kills.... I have many reptiles and snakes ...I breed corns for fun and I also breed rabbits for the larger constrictors. I have seen the rabbits suffer from heat stroke and it is very sad. I will never do that again I tell myself.

If your corn will eat, it may survive... if it does not eat it will wither away and succumb.
Im sorry you had to go through this. There is nothing that will cure the brain damage that it underwent. Just time and a prayer.

Good Luck

06/17/15  09:09am

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area