Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Kismet   Takahiro111   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Kismet
View Profile

Growth/tumor/infection?

Hello,
I just joined your site. I have an 18 year old corn snake that is in great shape, eating and shedding consistently. A lump formed on his back a couple months ago and it seems to be growing so I took him to a veterinarian for the first time a few days ago. The doctor said it would be expensive to remove and even to aspirate and send to a lab. To rule out an infection he gave us the oral antibiotic Enrofloxacin. I admit I can’t spend hundreds of dollars if it’s a tumor trying to confirm that on such an old snake. But if it’s an abscess or an infection I would like to treat. It does not seem to be fluid filled. I just gave him his 3rd dose of Enrofloxacin in 3 days and when I opened his mouth this time it seemed gooey. I’ve never seen this in his mouth before and it really upsets me. Could the antibiotic possibly made him sick? I plan on contacting the doctor tomorrow but in the meantime I started looking online and found you. I understand my snake is old but except for the lump there have never been any problems. Just in case the lump could be/needed to be treated I took him to a doctor to be sure I was doing whatever I could to assure proper care. Now I can’t believe he may be having a bad reaction to the oral antibiotic!!! Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

Dianne

08/09/14  02:06am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Kismet   In reference to Message Id: 2308386

Growth/tumor/infection?

Did he have goo in his mouth before the medicine was given?

08/09/14  11:55am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Kismet   In reference to Message Id: 2308386

Growth/tumor/infection?

Did he have goo in his mouth before the medicine was given? Also is this a veternarian specialized in reptiles?

08/09/14  11:55am

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area