Corn Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

AndyB88   Takahiro111   MechaWingZero   Luthien1987  

Member  Message

AndyB88
View Profile

Help?

I just got a corn snake today from a friend who didn’t have time for it anymore, its an albino corn snake, its 2 and a half years and its 3ft, but he said its been striking at him not sure if thats because it was shedding and it wasnt eating either. i managed to get it to eat tonight at 8.30 though so im happy about that, but is there anything i should do before trying to pick up the snake? Im not scared of getting bitten but i dont want the snake getting stressed. I have good knowledge about snakes but have never had one lol.

07/08/14  04:30pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: AndyB88   In reference to Message Id: 2306932

Help?

I kept snakes. Don’t bother him and you’ll have to try to regain some trust with him. You said your friend had no time for him this is probably why he’s acting like this. Is he in the blues? Its great that you got him to eat. Let him settle in for awhile but if he goes off feeding again take a fecal sample to the vet to check for parasites. Or do a regular vet visit.

07/08/14  05:59pm

MechaWingZero
View Profile

Help?

You’re on the right track. Just leave him alone for a few days and keep on an eye on him. The fact that you got him to eat is very positive sign.

07/21/14  05:44pm

Luthien1987
View Profile

Help?

After he settles in for a few days you can also take to just sitting by the viv with your hand inside (opposite side of the viv from him) for a few minutes a day. This way he gets to know your scent and will start to figure out your not a threat

02/04/15  11:16pm

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area