Corn Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sandboaking   Dafty   Sandboaking   Dafty   Sandboaking  

Member  Message

Sandboaking
View Profile

First feeding gone horribly wrong

So, on a good note, I had a perfect clutch of 10 hatchlings! But, the first one ate a newborn pink and regurged it. The temps are good, but I think it was probably too big for the snake. What else can I do? Do I have to chop up some pinks? Will they even eat that? I just don’t know what to do because I was told they can handle newborn mice, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Any advice would be appreciated!

06/14/13  10:20pm

Dafty
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2298490

Congrats on the new baby’s
Chopping up pinkies ain’t going to work .
I take it the hatchling had had its first shed ?
Did you have to transfer it from one tub to another after feeding ?
Least it made the effort give it a few days then offer food again .
Persistence is the name off the game ,
Iv had 16 total non eaters this year had to F/Feed them down to only 4 now
which will shortly end up being part off the food chain if they don’t eat on there own
Hope it sorts itself out
AJ

06/15/13  01:35am

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: Dafty   In reference to Message Id: 2298497

Sorry about the wait... And thanks for the reply! Someone told me to feed before they shed but I wasn’t sure. But he was the only one that ate so I guess Im lucky since I’m guessing they can’t digest before shedding. They all shed now and all but three ate for me last night, so lets hope for the best. Do you do any scenting or braining or whatever? I feed inside the tub because I personally think feeding in another causes more problems than it stops.

06/22/13  07:35pm

Dafty
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2298744

Again congrats on them eating .
Some feed okay before a first shed but i personally wait belly full of nutrients from the egg no room for more so regurge it . No need to panic about your non eaters yet still early doors just offer them food when your next feeding the good eaters have had some go 4 or 5 weeks before iv thought about braining or scenting hopefully they will eat without it .

06/23/13  04:30pm

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: Dafty   In reference to Message Id: 2298770

Thanks again! I checked back in and all but one ate, so I’m happy with those results for the first feeding. I’ll just wait till next feeding day to try them again and hopefully they’ll keep on eating!

06/23/13  09:03pm

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area