Corn Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Kate~   Fire Fox   Kate~   Fire Fox  

Member  Message

Kate~
View Profile

Anerythristic Morph question

I am really looking for a black and grey Anery but most of the babies that I have seen are a brownish color. I am wondering if it is at all possible to tell if the brown will turn into black once it is an adult and if there are any black and grey babies that stay that way through adulthood. pictures of an Anery hatchling and then when it has grown to an adult would also help me greatly. I have searched and searched and have not really found anything about this. Thanks!

06/13/13  02:31am

Fire Fox
View Profile

Message To: Kate~   In reference to Message Id: 2298442

All Anerys tend to have some brown in them, even Anery type Bs. You would have a better chance with a Type B though.

This is my Anery (type A). He hasn’t changed much at all since he was small. The only noticeable difference is that his yellow coloration seems more intense. It’s an older photo, but it still works as a good example.

06/13/13  01:37pm

Kate~
View Profile

Message To: Fire Fox   In reference to Message Id: 2298445

Thanks for the reply! I am completely in love with that high contrast of black and grey like the Axanthic ball pythons have, but do not want to spend that much $$$ on a family pet. The type B (charcoal) is closer to what I am looking for but does not have that high contrast. This website helped me http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/?sid= but I guess it is just a hit or miss. Some of the Type As look really black and some look really brown. Some Type Bs have high contrast but most are the low contrast. Again thanks for the reply and example pic!!

06/13/13  03:26pm

Fire Fox
View Profile

Message To: Kate~   In reference to Message Id: 2298449

No problem at all. And yeah, the Axanthic Ball Pythons are really cool, especially when you mix Pastel into them. It really brings out that contrast.

06/13/13  08:07pm

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area