Corn Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sandboaking   Chameleon_man   Sandboaking   Chameleon_man   Sandboaking  

Member  Message

Sandboaking
View Profile

Artificial brumation?

I was wondering if there were any methods to artificially brumate colubrids. I’ve heard about using fridges and wine coolers, but wouldn’t it be too dry? My basement just doesn’t cool enough to do it well

05/06/13  07:58pm

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2296933

Artificial brumation?

I have never herd of anyone doing that....My thoughs.....DONT DO IT. lol why would you want to anyway?

05/07/13  12:06am

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2296954

Artificial brumation?

Well, as pathetic as this sounds I don’t have anywhere I could safely put them thats cool enough. My basement gets too wet and I just don’t feel safe putting them down there, and I don’t have a separate room to cool by opening a window. And my snakes don’t wanna mate now, so I’m figuring brumating might solve it. I found the Exo Terra incubator thats supposed to heat and cool but I wasn’t sure about that either...

05/07/13  03:25pm

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2296998

Artificial brumation?

I would not do it....I think its to late to burmentate now anyway. If they dont want to breed then just dont breed.

when you put the male in her cage what is she doing?

05/07/13  08:34pm

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2297018

Artificial brumation?

They just crawl around and try to get away from each other. The male doesn’t chase the female or anything. I was talking about this winter really. The only places that get cool enough aren’t really too safe imo to put snakes, so I was just hoping for something to try then. I’m gonna use the summer to put more weight on them for next year.

05/07/13  08:41pm

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area