Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Corn Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sandboaking   BeastCorn   Dafty   Sandboaking   Dafty   BeastCorn   Dafty   Dafty  

Member  Message

Sandboaking
View Profile

The other "male" laid today!

Well, at this point I don’t know what to say besides I really gotta get somebody over here to sex everything out! That’s two girls I would’ve never bred. This hypo bloodred dropped about 20 and she’s pretty pathetic now, but I’m just hoping she’ll start eating asap

05/03/13  02:55pm

BeastCorn
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2296748

Its easy to sex adult corn snakes just by the taper and thickness of their tails. Look at the tail of a proven male and then the tail of a proven female. You should see a big difference. Females taper quickly and males remain thick half way down the tail.

05/03/13  10:28pm

Dafty
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2296748

Congrats on the 1st clutch from her prepare for 2nds from them both (males) in another 60 days or so Get them probed don’t go guessing it seams who ever has been sexing them for you needs to go do some reading .
Beastcorn! yer idea is all good but then again yer just guessing proper probing 100 % no guess work Cuts out breeding snakes that sellers say they have had sexed and get it done yourself as Sandboaking is now finding out,
And carrying my probing equipment is a lot easyer than a male and female snake every-time i get a call to probe something

AJ

05/04/13  12:10pm

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: Dafty   In reference to Message Id: 2296810

Thanks! I’m gonna try to get someone to probe the collection just to see what’s what. I bought these snakes and they were labelled this way, so that’s what I get for not getting a second opinion. I’m never trusting that guy again. And I would never risk double clutching these girls, they shouldn’t’ve even bred. But they’re eating again so I hope they’ll bounce back quickly.

05/05/13  12:59am

Dafty
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2296832

Unfortunately you may have no say on the d/clutching off this pair
I have had females that have lost to much weight after they layed 1st lot and did not pair them up again for that reason . They double clutched anyway best off luck with them
AJ

05/05/13  01:35am

BeastCorn
View Profile

Message To: Dafty   In reference to Message Id: 2296810

Guessing? I’ve been breeding corn snakes for 36 years and have had many thousands of them. I’ve never been wrong yet just by looking at the taper of the adults tails. This only works for mature corns however...not babies and juvies.

05/05/13  02:59am

Dafty
View Profile

Message To: BeastCorn   In reference to Message Id: 2296839

Beastcorn PMd ye mate
AJ

05/05/13  05:46am

Dafty
View Profile

Message To: BeastCorn   In reference to Message Id: 2296839

Beastcorn you carry on guessing the sex i will carry on handing out info that is 100% not guess work no matter how long you have been guessing it right ,
AJ

05/05/13  06:08am

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area