Corn Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sandboaking   Dafty   Sandboaking   Dafty   Sandboaking  

Member  Message

Sandboaking
View Profile

I just don’t know what to do anymore!

So, I got my breeding pair a couple months ago, male amel female snow. I introduced them and they definitely locked and mated once, but after that the male didn’t seem to be interested, so I paired her with a male hypo bloodred. They’ve been locking everytime and definitely going at it. I thought I’d give the amel another shot today, but when I pulled his tub out, guess what I saw... a happy male amel corn sitting on eggs! I just don’t know what to say. Was the pair reversed? I don’t think so because I was told these exact sexes to morphs and they mated. Is the snow the male? I doubt it because that would mean it’s been mating with a hypo bloodred male and somehow I don’t think they’d do that. I’m setting up a hovabator because I never expected this, but what the heck is happening?! Aaaaaaaaaah! I’m going crazy Lol I haven’t removed the male/female amel from his/her eggs so I’m not sure if they’re fertile, but they’re about the size of robin eggs or so. I just don’t know what else to say.

04/11/13  09:41pm

Dafty
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2295487

After reading your last posts on this you typed the Amel (male ?) was all over the Snow(female?) females flee from males or curle up its males that instagate mating not females . Only advice i can think off is get your snakes sexed by someone who knows wot they are doing don’t ever take the sellers word that they have sexed them properly.
Re-sex your hypo as well.
Male snakes will try to lock up but for obvious reasons cant so unless your hypo has no penis he is a female or your mistaking ritual fighting by 2 males as locking up
Sorry if this sounds harsh mate .

04/14/13  01:41am

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: Dafty   In reference to Message Id: 2295615

Well, I really don’t know. The male hypo bloodred was sexed right in front of me. And I ended up with 10 good eggs and 3 slugs, so not bad for a tiny female that I would’ve never bred.

04/14/13  06:59pm

Dafty
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2295644

Congrats on the eggs take it they are from the female Amel ?
Get someone to sex your Hypo them locking up would be a new one to me if he is a male
AJ

04/16/13  02:43pm

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: Dafty   In reference to Message Id: 2295737

Thanks and I will! I still feel terrible because I would’ve never bred a female this small. But at least she started eating and I hope she’s fine

04/16/13  09:28pm

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area