Corn Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sandboaking   The Lone Glider   Sandboaking  

Member  Message

Sandboaking
View Profile

New breeding pair with some problems

I got a pair of adult corns from a guy that realized he didn’t have enough space to breed them. He had them brumating, but he said they were in for 3 months so I warmed them up. They started eating fine, and I introduced them successfully last week, but now they stopped eating. They both jumped on their mice just fine, but they both just left them. I left the mice overnight, but no luck. Is this natural during breeding season? I’m just worried to breed the female if she isn’t eating. This is my first time, so I’m probably worrying over nothing.

03/18/13  07:46pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2293969

From what iv’e heard the female will stop eating when she is prago, But If you just go them, They are not gonna eat for a few week.s Reptiles need time to adjust to new surroundings. don’t rush them. Give them time and they will come around Also for about a week no handling. Will out too much stress on them after being moved into a new place.

03/19/13  04:54am

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2293990

I’ve had them about two months. They both decided they wanted rat pups last night instead. I’m not sure what the problem was with the mice, maybe they were too big. I haven’t been handling at all since I don’t want the female to be stressed.

03/19/13  04:46pm

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area