Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Corn Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Goonie56   Reptilekeeper14   Sandboaking  

Member  Message

Goonie56
View Profile

thinking abt getting a corn snake need info???

Hey guyz thankz for taking the time out to write or see my post ...I need help I own a ball python and I think it time for me to get another snake but I want a corn snake this time....all I want is the general info of wat I need. Is it similar to a ball python or is it different?..also I’m thinking abt getting 2 but babys n keeping them in the same tank. Is that cool ? I would love to hear frm everyone just get different views n opinion?..... thankz ...

03/05/13  03:48am

Reptilekeeper14
View Profile

Message To: Goonie56   In reference to Message Id: 2293164

Corn snakes do have similar houing and feeding requirements as they are of similar size. An adult can be kept ina 20 gallon aquarium, and babies can be kept in tubs and 10 gallon aquariums or critter keepers. Since corn snakes are arboreal, I would reccommend putting a climbing branch or two in the cage. Snakes in general lead solitary lives so I wiuldn’t reccommend keeping them together. If you do, give them plenty of room and be sure to watch for aggression. Also, seperste them for about an hour after feeding.

03/26/13  04:02pm

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: Reptilekeeper14   In reference to Message Id: 2294400

In my opinion corns are a little harder to deal with than balls, but most people disagree. I like balls because they’re usually so relaxed, but most corns seem a little more jumpy and squirmy. But every snake is different, and you never know until you take the plunge. Corns are usually good eaters once you get them going, and they hardly ever bite. Good luck!

03/26/13  04:58pm

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area