Corn Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Naevia   The Lone Glider   Naevia   Reptilekeeper14   Mmermi   Mmermi   Dafty  

Member  Message

Naevia
View Profile

My other Corn Snake... Husk

This is Juliet’s Brother Husk. He is my special needs boy. We couldnt get him to eat for the first 5 months we had him. The guy we got him from said he didnt have a problem with him eating but we got in contact with other people who got snakes from him and they all had the same problem. We even took him to the vet and she couldnt get him to eat either. She said he had "failure to thrive" and didnt think he would make it. I seen on youtube where a guy fed his green tree snake raw chicken that had been thawed out, I tried this with Husk and he finally ate. We had tried many different ways to get him to eat. Im just glad he is eating something... Anyways here is the little guy, he will be 2 yrs old on July 28th. This is him when we first got him. He hasnt grown much at all since we got him. He is still tiny. He doesnt live in the container he is in a 10 gallon tank.

02/26/13  04:01pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Naevia   In reference to Message Id: 2292780

Awesome snake man! corns are generally trouble some feeders.. I use to raise them and I had one baby that wouldn’t eat for 8 months.. at 4 months I started force feeding and he would just throw it up.. Corns are just stubborn.. Lol. I wouldn’t worry about it too much.. But definitely don’t let it go past 8 months.. but really cool snake. Lol. He’s a looker.

02/28/13  08:37pm

Naevia
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2292935

He has been eating once a week now, but still wont touch a pinky..

03/01/13  10:26am

Reptilekeeper14
View Profile

Message To: Naevia   In reference to Message Id: 2292954

Have you tried tease feeding? You could also try scenting pinkies on frogs or lizards.

03/30/13  05:55pm

Mmermi
View Profile

He’s beautiful! He’s a reverse okeetee, right?

05/12/13  08:17am

Mmermi
View Profile

Message To: Mmermi   In reference to Message Id: 2297196

oops! Don’t read that last part, I’m not very good with distinguishing different morphs >.<

05/12/13  08:28am

Dafty
View Profile

Hi Naevia
Congrats on finding a food item he would eat and for not giving up on him .
Does he only eat chicken or does it contain bone .
Iv had several that wouldn’t eat pinkies and yoused chick Legs with feathers still on which have bone in them which contains the calcium they require to grow also really easy to remove the feathers.skin from the leg and smuggle a pinky inside it or small mouse see if he will fall for that and may help him eat mice one day
AJ

05/12/13  03:47pm

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area