Corn Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Be-Wild   Cphill58   Be-Wild   Cphill58   Be-Wild  

Member  Message

Be-Wild
View Profile

How do i heat acrylic enclosure w/ uth

new to forum, everyone here has been very helpful. kept pythons & boas years ago and now getting back into the hobby with corns. i currently have a beatiful baby normal, searching for an albino for my next one. ive built a new enclosure out of plexiglass but all the uth’s say for glass only. any ideas besides replacing bottom with glass ?

06/01/12  09:34pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Be-Wild   In reference to Message Id: 2268492

I use UTH pads on wood ...glass and plastic tubs....if you can afford it get a lamp dimmer from Lowes and install that to control temps.
Zoo med 4 and 8 watt pads will not melt or distort acyrlic

I also make a sandwich using Styrofoam to keep the heat traveling upwards...in other words on the the surface I place Styrofoam...then the heat pad...then the tank/ enclosure so the heat only travels up into the enclosure ...not down.

Free Styrofoam is found in the trash behind furniture store and Micheals...used for shipping ...as thin as 1/4"

Lamp Dimmer @ Lowes
dimmer

06/02/12  03:57pm

Be-Wild
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2268568

thanks for the info,ended up cutting out a section of the bottom and installed a pc. of heavy glass, picked up a baby albino this mornin, hasnt eaten in close to 2 weeks, can, i try to feed him tomorrow ? was supposed to eat today but i brought him home this mornin, know you should wait,(stress), but looks hungry, thanks

06/02/12  08:13pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Be-Wild   In reference to Message Id: 2268602

I would offer the food ASAP. worry about the stress factor later. This whole thing about stress just stresses me out ....lol

06/03/12  08:06am

Be-Wild
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2268648

ok, he just gulped down his second small pinkie, hope he keeps them down. thanks

06/03/12  05:55pm

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area