Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Computer Help Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Computer Help Forum

Dewayne   ILuvMyFrogs!   WVBoy   Pacman500   Marg  
 Member  Message

Dewayne
View Profile

Problem

i need help uploading a pic.i know how to upload it but when its threw it says, There is a maximum of 1000k (1meg) per upload, You may have exceeded this limit. then it says my file size is 1208546. I downloaded it onto my computer from a picture cd, would this have anything to do. Plz help.

Thanks

09/10/05  12:11am

ILuvMyFrogs!
View Profile

Message To: Dewayne   In reference to Message Id: 473414

Problem

Take a look on my other post, it may help! Click Here!!!

09/18/05  02:22pm

WVBoy
View Profile

Problem

Check pic properties(Copy Pic To Hard Drive Then Right Click On Pic) make sure they are set to(archive) and not (read only) then pull photo into editing software like photoshop,etc and down size pic resave pic and try upload agian. Any file stored on cd will be read only by default.

09/29/05  11:26pm

Pacman500
View Profile

Message To: WVBoy   In reference to Message Id: 495193

Problem

You may hve to many pics uploaded to your profile.

11/19/05  08:15pm

Marg
View Profile

Problem

your photo may be too large...
your pic may be a bitmap

Quote:

JPG, jpeg, bitmap, gif, etc are types of image files ... bitmap being the largest... JPG or jpeg are the most common accepted. If you want to see what I mean... go into your paint program and make just a small colored square and save it as a JPG then rename it and save as a Bitmap ..then go to the pics and mouse over to see the size difference... then of course delete them... unless you have further use for them lol

to resize your photo:

Quote:

Right click on the Pic you want to use and right click. When the box pops up click on "Open with"
then find your paint program from the list that comes up.
After paint has opened with you pic, click IMAGE - then "Stretch/Skew"
in the top 2 boxes enter 50 (this will make you pic 1/2 the size it was, then save...
If it is a BITMAP photo, that may also be your problem (too big of a file - bitmap being the largest) save it as a JPG or jpeg
and delete the bitmap. This will not change the texture of the pic... and JPG - jpeg are most commonly used
Hope that helped

04/30/07  02:39pm

Back to Computer Help Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area