Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Computer Help Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Computer Help Forum

Mama42   Cphill58   Mama42   Winkpw   Mama42   Mama42   Winkpw   Mama42   Mama42   Winkpw   Mama42   DragonMyr   Winkpw   Mama42  
 Member  Message

Mama42
View Profile

Anyone ever hear of this spyware scan program?

SSI Spyware Interigator.

here is the addy: http:// www.spywaredata.com /spyware /search /details /clsid.php?id=162043

remember to remove the spaces and it should work.

just wondering about it. thanks M-

09/11/08  08:33pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1857184

MAMA ...shame on you ...lol..how the hell are ya ...why don’t you PM me with your IM details ...lol...you and I are the only ones not chatting
Yex is driving me crazy ...lol...late aT night

What is it now ...you want another spy ware / AVAST isn’t good enough ???

Spy Bot no good ???

You are too much hun ...lol

CP

09/14/08  05:30pm

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 1859559

haha i didnt want to bug ya..... plus, i dont know if i wanted it, just ran into the program and was looking it over. did you look at it? has a list of sites and programs that are bad. i really dont understand what it wants though...just to scan for some kind of errors. i did save it to look it over and scan it, and Avast came up with a virus (deleted it of course). when i scanned it, nothing, but when i ran it, it came up with virus. so, im confused!!!

hehe...i wanted to get everyone’s opinion on it or see if anyone has heard of it.

how i ran into this program was that i got some kind of error pop up. it said Kiwee (a program i have with my windows live)... something...something...magic something...error! idk...lmao

anyways....im not on that mucha nymore cause my kids... but, you can PM me or IM me or whatever anytime...i thought we were going to like have live group discussions or whatever...i have no idea how that works, so ...yeah

ok....talk later m’friend...

09/14/08  07:42pm

Winkpw
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1859730

You might need to give us a name on that virus that keeps popping back up in the scans. When I scan. I scan in safe mode.

Sincerely,
Being-formal-sucks

09/16/08  06:26pm

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: Winkpw   In reference to Message Id: 1861256

Noooooo....this is a different virus! ...this is a different chapter in my virus journals LMAO!!!

ok, so im starting to get errors again. so, i looked up "object detected". i was getting them when i was browsing Yahoo music. whenever i clicked on a song i wanted to look at, it popped up...twice each time. so, i googled around and came to this site (or the one above). it said to DL this component first. cant remember what it was, but it was on the same page as this dl program. with me so far? i of course saved it first. and Avast found the Malware actually.

i was also getting "ie has encountered a problem and has to close". i googled that and, on wikihow, they told me to reset windows. so i did. it is running faster. we will see if i still get those errors.

ok....

chapter 3:
i now have to press F1 to continue when i reboot. LMAO...i cant win with this bomb!

09/17/08  01:23am

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1861579

sorry...actually the error read "object expected"......not "detected". no numbers or anything else. just that.

09/17/08  01:25am

Winkpw
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1861580

What antispyware is this, again?

09/17/08  04:38pm

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: Winkpw   In reference to Message Id: 1861849

SUPERAntispyware. its pretty good. but, i was wondering about it too because i never seem to have any spyware with this program. when i had the AVG, i had all kinds of spyware and viruses coming up. im just wondering if it is even picking anything up or if im being lucky. i could have spyware and not know it. i do know i got adware not too long ago and nothing caught it. i had to scan using the Avast to find and delete it.

09/17/08  05:31pm

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1861901

didnt you say Hijackthis is "good"? i just scanned and it said i had "missing files"....whatev...im so tired of errors and missing things....OMG (slamming head on keyboard!!)

09/18/08  04:29pm

Winkpw
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1862675

Hijackthis is for people who know what they’re doing. I wouldn’t try and use it if I were you, tbh.

09/19/08  10:44pm

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: Winkpw   In reference to Message Id: 1863797

your right! i dont know what to do with it! but, in another post you mentioned it, so...

09/20/08  12:36am

DragonMyr
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1863887

I haven’t heard of that spyware program. You have to be careful to research every virus or spyware program you install because some of them are fake and just cause more problems. If you’ve got a really persistent intrusion, you may want to check out Spyware Terminator. I’ve had some great results running that on computers in which are used by people who tend to constantly get into trouble with spyware and viruses. I don’t remember the exact settings, but I know I had it set as a resident shield and left it make its own decisions. That managed to keep a pair of computers very clean when other programs, such as AVG anti-spyware and Spybot, were ineffective due to user error caused by the person using the computer just allowing everything instead of really thinking about what’s going on at the moment. For the really nasty intrusions, the startup scans and HIPS mode really locked things down, although the prompts got to be a bit too much for a novice computer user like some people in my family.

If you’re having a persistent problem, give Spyware Terminator a go and see how it works out. I came across it about 2 years ago I think through a link from Kim Kommando. I was skeptical at first and had to do research on the program since there’s a lot of anti-spyware programs out there that actually are spyware and create spyware on your system. Spyware Terminator was not and has done a great job for me thus far.

For the antivirus, I concur that Avast! is a good idea. AVG has grown increasingly unstable over the past year. I know I’ve caught it losing files on more than a couple occasions this year alone. That never happened with Avast!.

Now my computer has no virus or spyware protection on it because I run process explorer and am always monitoring who is running what, where, when, and what it’s doing. As one of those advanced/expert users I can get away with that, but it’s not a good idea for people who aren’t advanced/experts.

10/15/08  10:33am

Winkpw
View Profile

Message To: DragonMyr   In reference to Message Id: 1881195

Not everything is a virus though..You don’t need five Spyware programs.............

10/22/08  12:32pm

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: Winkpw   In reference to Message Id: 1885445

thanks DragonMyr! i read your post on the Wd forum. and as soon as i get my puter back i will try it.

Winkpw...i agree! i had way too many programs running. and i think i was confused by it all. but, i thnk i was trying to get the good ones and was just confusing myself. i do that on occation lol...

no not everything is a virus. i have definitely done some research on the ones i thought were. "about: blank" is a hijacker and does not go way without the proper program remover. also, a lot of the problems i was having was definetly malware. a couple of examples of the probems i was having are...computer rebooting un expectedly, constant errors coming up for different things (Java not running, ie encountering error, Avast: corrupted, etc), missing DLLs. those are just to name a few.

i wish i was just paranoid!

some of those programs were downloaded to remove the problems i was having. some of it worked. AdwareAway is definetly a rogue program! lol the guy that was trying to help me on allexperts told me to get it grr...! though, the other programs were ok.

the reason my computer is in the shop, is a spyware/malware/or whatever it was broke my Avast-corrupted it and i couldnt reinstall it. and, for some reason, some of the virus and spyware programs wont run on my computer. i think because i have XP...idk...

11/04/08  03:43pm

Back to Computer Help Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area