Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Computer Help Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Computer Help Forum

Cphill58   DuckMonster   Cphill58   Cphill58   DuckMonster   Cphill58  
 Member  Message

Cphill58
View Profile

Computer componets

Fry’s Electronics is having sales all the time ...the Intel chips duo core are as low as 50.00 bucks for a good E 2100series 2.2 ghz
Motherboards are 50 - 70.00 on the cheap side and memory, DDR2 is plummeting in price as the new DDR3 is coming to town!!!

All you need is a newer power supply ...an atx case ...and if you are so inclined ...a graphics card for gaming.

I was just there last night killing some time and waiting for the rush hour traffic to die down.
If you need a new computer and are low on funds I could help you /steer you in the right direction and instruct you on assembly

Always having fun building this stuff

CP

06/05/08  03:44pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 1752721

Computer componets

Hey there Cphill,

I am considering building my own machine here shortly, as my old one suffered multiple component failures. Might as well start over.

So, I do think I can do all the physical contruction, putting all the pieces parts together inside the case. But then what? I’m a little lost on where to go upon power up. Any advice would be well received. Thanks in advance.

07/13/08  12:55pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1793546

Computer componets

Generally all the instructions are included with a new motherboard ...and a CD is included so you can load your drivers for just a basic start up ...at that point you would install an operating system onto your new hard drive ....if you choose to use an old hard drive that already has ??? winXp ....or Vista you should be able to just install that drive and make it C drive....

What do you have now that you might use again ...CD / DVD / ATX case???Power Supply ...monitor...Memory??

What do you want when you are finished ....single core ...duo core ......PCI E..??

As I built my first one in 2005 ...I was always questioning my own ability as I went ... but I had a new case and board and power supply and Cd / DVD / sound card ...the works ...all brand new....I just read the instructions over and over and triple checked all my connections to make sure they were right on ....

I installed 2 hard drives ...one as a slave / back up.

Because I have had some experience up grading drives and DVD’s and memory ....that was pretty straight forward.

My biggest concern was connecting up the board and case so that it powerd up when I pushed the on button ....lol, and of course the internal USB and 1394 ports and lights and fans.

The CPU was ...is a breeze ...there are videos on that ...online. and the chip you purchase will have support at their website too.

I am one of those types that can follow a good set of instructions and do it. If you give me verbal info ...I get lost....lol

So I followed the instructions ...which are quite good usually and if confusing I just stuided them more.
All motherboards come with a book ...including support phone #’s

I am going to try to find a very helpful website for you to view and read .... great helps and tips ...

be back later with those links...

CP

07/15/08  12:03am

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 1795707

Computer componets

Link

Link

Link

Here’s just a few for now....

07/15/08  02:42am

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 1795707

Computer componets

Thanks for the links.
I’ll be using very little of the old, maybe a hard drive (SATA) and the cd/dvd drives. I’m going with a triple SLI mobo, 3 512M graphics cards, AMD Phenom chip, 4 or maybe 8 G RAM (DDR2 1066), water cooled, a 850W PS, and a new case, just for giggles. I will be going to Vista 64 bit to allow for max RAM. Then I will sign back into Half Life2 Deathmatch and have some fun.

07/15/08  09:00pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1796927

Computer componets

Have fun ...post a pic when she is ready ...from your first post to this ./...sounds like you already know what to do...

CP

07/16/08  11:28pm

Back to Computer Help Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area