Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Computer Help Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Computer Help Forum

FutureVet123   Mama42   Marg   FutureVet123   FutureVet123  
 Member  Message

FutureVet123
View Profile

How to upload pics on to your computer & RZ in 3 easy steps--easy to understand!

Goody for the younger people like myself (12 yrs old) to understand and in 3 simple steps. This does not include how to edit, resize, etc. the pics, however.
*takes deep breath*
I just figured this out on Thanksgiving weekend so it’s new for me to. There are a few steps:

1. GETTING THE PICS ON THE COMPUTER
It really depends on what kind of computer you have (ex: Mac/Apple, HP, Dell, etc.). I have an HP. You will need some kind of Photo service or application, such as Adobe photo-shop, HP Photosmart Premier/Express, etc. Open the application and somewhere there should be a button that says "Transfer photos" or "Upload pictures" or something of the like. Place the memory card or USB cable in your printer/monitor (printer must have photo-printing capability). After it is all downloaded, go through and right-click on the pics you want. A menu will pop up, and that’s when you click "rename". Give it a short name to recognize it, like #1, Me, Beardie, etc. Then right-click again and hit "save to desktop" or "save to documents"

2. SELECTING AND UPLOADING THE PICS
When you have done all of the first part, it’s time to move on. Click on "Photo server" link at the top of the Repticzone home page. Fill out the form and hit "Browse" Then click on the one pic you want by its name.
Then, hit "Upload" or "finish" or whatever the button is. It takes about 15 mins to upload for me, but I have a slow HP so whatever works.
If it says it has been completed and gives you a preview of the photo, then you’re ready for the next step

3. ENTERING YOUR PHOTOS ON A POST
Aaah, the final step! HOORAY!!!!!! On the post you want the image to go on, hit "Get your photo list" on the bottom of the message blank. It will come up with your photos. Select the one you want, hit "Make code for image" and then upload it on to your post, and YOU’RE FINALLY DONE!!!!!!

Whew! Well I better let you try this now. Good luck and I can’t wait to see some pics! Any questions, feel free to message me at any time!
-Jeni

12/12/07  05:46pm

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: FutureVet123   In reference to Message Id: 1544482

How to upload pics on to your computer & RZ in 3 easy steps--easy to understand!

hmm.. when saving photos to my com, i just right click on the photo. then again, maybe i have a different computer. its a Pentium or something like that...

12/13/07  01:17am

Marg
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1545001

No Mama, you can do that on Any PC - LoL

12/20/07  08:28am

FutureVet123
View Profile

Message To: Marg   In reference to Message Id: 1551734

Oh, well mine doesn’t do that, but we’re getting a Mac/Apple in 2-3 weeks so yea
-Jeni

12/22/07  12:46am

FutureVet123
View Profile

Message To: Marg   In reference to Message Id: 1551734

Oh, well mine doesn’t do that, but we’re getting a Mac/Apple in 2-3 weeks so yea
-Jeni

12/22/07  12:47am

Back to Computer Help Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area