Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Computer Help Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Computer Help Forum

Ariana!   Mr Aquarium   DragonMyr  
 Member  Message

Ariana!
View Profile

How do you make a website?

This may sound weird but I donít now how to make a wesite! If someone could make a link or just tell me in a post, that would be great!

08/30/07  11:21pm

Mr Aquarium
View Profile

Message To: Ariana!   In reference to Message Id: 1426404

Building a wet site is something you can find links for by searching something like web design or website building,
and itís way more complitcated then what you could tell someone by posting it,

If I recall, I think a friend told me once that starting with a Book on HTLM is prolly your best bet.

You should go to yahooís geocities and try doing one them pages to start with, they lay it all out for ya, and you just build the thing, itís not to hard but will give you a good idea of a real basic site builder.

I do know site designing is nothing your going to learn over night, and doing a cheap one on a crappy low tex server is nothing you want to waste time on, Iíve seen half a dozon people do fish sites on them and with in a couple weeks time, some hacker broke them and either whipped them out or chenged the owners login info n passwords so they canít log in to fix it.

09/05/07  04:38am

DragonMyr
View Profile

Message To: Ariana!   In reference to Message Id: 1426404

Visit w3schools.com. Itís the best resource to learn the right way to program for the web, plus itís free. They have examples to show you how things work and teach you all the basics. Once you know the basics you can start hitting Google for more advanced examples. Focus your attention on HTML, XHTML, and CSS. Learn these together for the best results. Then you can advance to other things like XML, PHP, and others.

A lot of professionals start and learn from w3schools.com. I would know since I am one. You donít need a college degree or any classes to learn web design. If you have formal instruction in Computer Science then learning web design takes a couple of days at the most. Without that formal instruction it may take up to a month to pick up web design, but itís really not that hard when you sit back, absorb, and read everything step-by-step.

09/11/07  02:25pm

Back to Computer Help Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area