Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Computer Help Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Computer Help Forum

Mama42   Marg   Mama42   Marg   Mama42   Marg  
 Member  Message

Mama42
View Profile

I dont understand....

why do i keep getting viruses?? i have a virus thingy. but every now and again...a TROJEN shows up or an adware on my com. it just says win32. what does that mean??? and its been doing it lately when i open something like a game or the internet or even Yahoo. any idea???

07/18/07  01:02am

Marg
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1363635

I dont understand....

Have you downloaded any music lately?

Used to get Trojens when I did that... found a free site that I have not had problems from.

Also, I did recently have one, after trying to enter a yahoo game room.
Trojens can be Quite a pain!!!

I use a freebie antivirus (AVG) that takes care of, and deletes anything found...
May wanna look into that :o)

Gives update notices, and tells you when your antivirus is out dated.

I hate Norton, and McAfee!!! Even if yahell does use it for my emails - LoL

07/18/07  11:02am

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: Marg   In reference to Message Id: 1363995

I dont understand....

i have deleted all bearshare and limewire off my com. some1 told me it was cause my puters so old. i have been going to ’yahoo answers’. being a free site any1 can put anything on it. then again...this site is free. im not sure if it was yahoo, but its been happening recently. my mom got a virus off of free cycle and she has AGV. i have Avast! Antivirus protection and have to scan. i tried Spybot and it didnt work very long for some reason, so i got rid of it. suppose to be good, but didnt work for me. any idea what win32 is?? thats where they come up, i guess.

07/18/07  05:12pm

Marg
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1364493

I dont understand....

I have limewire, and b/f tends to turn the antivirus off when he is on the PC But I have never gotten a virus from there!

I Had bearshare, and I think that’s when I got viruses (years ago though)

could be just about anything.

07/19/07  04:16pm

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: Marg   In reference to Message Id: 1365831

I dont understand....

i had to delete Limewire b/c when my son was downloading a song a virus popped up. the other day, for no apparent reason, i clicked on Freecel (which is a Yahoo game and is on my desk) and a bunch of viruses popped up. my son, who knows a lot about puters) said that a virus attached to anything i try to open. or something like that. sanyways what it did was it just would pop up 4 or 5 viruses at a time and it was hard to remove. i did a scan and it said i had 30 viruses..all from win32. whatev that is.

07/23/07  04:42am

Marg
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1370566

I dont understand....

If you click to continue a corrupt file, yes you can get a virus That way, but if you click No, the file should be deleted and not effect the computer. may be some thing with Yahoo... I have not been in yahoo games since the last time I said I got a virus trying to get into games *shrug*

07/25/07  11:17am

Back to Computer Help Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area