Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Computer Help Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Computer Help Forum

R0ck_0n_dude   Marg   R0ck_0n_dude   R0ck_0n_dude   Mama42   Winkpw   Transverse   Blackout11-11   Cphill58   Winkpw   Cphill58  
 Member  Message

R0ck_0n_dude
View Profile

Weird Thing On Desktop.. Any one know what it is?

Ok the other day i noticed this little box up in the corner of my screen so i clicked it and i can drag it around the screen and i dont know what it is. It is a blue box with a smaller box in the bottom. The box in the bottom changed colors. It’s been white, orange, blue and light green. It seems like it turns the color of what i have up on the screen. I’ll try to get a picture from paint I made of it up on here later.

04/25/07  07:28am

Marg
View Profile

Message To: R0ck_0n_dude   In reference to Message Id: 1258886

did you download some thing? (games or such) some times if you do serveys or sign up for stuff you get freebees with whatever... do a virus scan on it... could be spyware or some thing like that

04/25/07  04:15pm

R0ck_0n_dude
View Profile

I was going to do i virus scan when i get a new version of the program.

04/25/07  05:00pm

R0ck_0n_dude
View Profile

here is what the thing looks like.. Its the little blue thing. The while part is what changes colors.

04/25/07  05:15pm

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: R0ck_0n_dude   In reference to Message Id: 1259410

i kind of had something like that, except it was when my wallpaper dissappeared and went to like a square within a square. i just right clicked and went to desktop and applied another picture for background. i dont know why it did that, but its fixed now lol. hope that helped :)

04/29/07  06:08pm

Winkpw
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1263756

What operating system do you run? Is your wallpaper still showing up...

Try using AVG free to test for viruses and spybot search and destroy for spyware..And if you don’t already have a firewall use Zonealarm free, very strong firewall for free.

11/20/07  09:47pm

Transverse
View Profile

Message To: Winkpw   In reference to Message Id: 1521510

use print screen button and go to edit paste in your paint and post the screenshot of it. be alot easier then you trying to draw it :P

01/22/08  12:51pm

Blackout11-11
View Profile

Message To: Transverse   In reference to Message Id: 1589500

My guess is A desktop virus. They hijack ur desktop background. You need Spyware Doctor to get rid of it.

06/19/08  05:43pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Blackout11-11   In reference to Message Id: 1766572

So ...everyone talks about what it might be ...but no one offers a fix...

For the best Anti spyware ...download free
SPy Bot search and destroy.Link

Or as I know it ...................SPYBOT S&D

For the best Anti virus FREE! disable windows antivirus and any other you may have been using

Use AVAST! Link

After you down load it temporarily disconnect from the internet and install the new software then make sure you disable or uninstall any other anti virus...re connect to the internet

Finally the firewall....I have used Zone Alarm for years and never had a problem ...I read about it one day and when my Mc Affe expired I immediately got the Zone Alarm Home version for free...

Here is the link Link

Just remember only use 1 each of these types of programs ...if you have 2 firewalls or antivirus programs operating you will cause your PC to act really bad.

The orange with blue square may be a residual view from a photo viewer or picture viewing device that you recently used ...have you tried shutting down and re-starting?

CP

CP

06/28/08  06:11pm

Winkpw
View Profile

Also, don’t download Spyware doctor...Download the free programs he listed. There is also SUPERantispyware, which you can DL at Download.com. As for antivirus Avast is good but right now you can pick up 50 dollar software for 19.99 at Bestbuy- Kaspersky antivirus and anti spyware. Isn’t this post old?

06/30/08  02:17pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Winkpw   In reference to Message Id: 1778669

Yeah it’s old ....lol...but someone responded to it and brought it back from the dead....,.lol
So I just made the same mistake .....anyway there ya have it...some good info for others who fall into the tar pit.

LOL
CP

07/01/08  03:00pm

Back to Computer Help Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area