Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Computer Help Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Computer Help Forum

Mama42   Tunedbeat   Mama42   Marg   Mama42   Marg  
 Member  Message

Mama42
View Profile

Beware!

i posted a while back that my com was malfunctioning. we all thought it was a virus. well, it was a virus. yep, it was! the guy told me i probably got it from bearshare (music download place for those who dont know what bearshare is). anyways, the guy said that bearshare is bad bad bad for your computer. i know a lot of ppl use and have no probs, but being a free site your taking your chance and an expensive one. well, even if hes wrong, im not willing to take that chance again.

i just wanted to give a heads-up on that. M-

03/10/07  01:24pm

Tunedbeat
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1204376

Beware!

Anyways, thanks for sharing. Always have a anti-virus program. If you watch and know what youíre downloadin then you should be fine. I use limewire, a better file sharin program. Always scan any file before you open them, after downloaded. And iím not sayin file sharin is legal. Be careful.

03/13/07  12:31am

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: Tunedbeat   In reference to Message Id: 1207346

Beware!

yea, we went to limewire, too. the thing was i have a virus protector. the guy installed it for me and usually it pick them up.

03/14/07  04:41pm

Marg
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1209055

Beware!

I use Limewire as well... if you DL something that says "corrupt file- do you want to continue?" click No and delete it from your "Incomplete files and fine another song (of the same title of course... lol)

04/30/07  01:42pm

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: Marg   In reference to Message Id: 1264612

Beware!

ok. i found out the virus was in the ísaveí. you know, when you save an item? not sure exactly what that means, but also, i had a hidden virus that the scan wasnt catching. how that happened i dont know. no 1 else in the house got these, but me. maybe it was in the com when i got it (used). hmm. oh well, its gone now. has been for about 2 months and havent had a prob since.

05/02/07  01:02am

Marg
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1266798

Beware!

One thing people do not realize is if you get a virus, and do a system restore... it will Not remove the virus ...thinking "Iíll just reset my puter and the virus will be gone" ..this is not true... the file infected will be repaired for any Other problem, but will still be infected... Unless you absolutelt Need that file.. it is best to remove it!!!

05/02/07  04:13pm

Back to Computer Help Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area