Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Collard Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Collard Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Mike_33   Bluey212   Mike101   RAE-JAE   Tebo442   Chippychop   CollaredsGUY   Chippychop   Reptileruler1   CollaredsGUY   CollaredsGUY   Mrgrim   Swimmerchic   Jonnydelane   PerfectPrey   SoozieAyn12  

Member  Message

Mike_33
View Profile

Reptile city

has anyone hearded anything about reptile city . com, I want to get a collard lizard off there. so i was wondering if anyone has ordered anything from there or knows a better more reliable place. thanks for you time

mike

09/24/06  03:04pm

Bluey212
View Profile

Message To: Mike_33   In reference to Message Id: 995537

Reptile city

they suck i ordered a croc skink 1 month ago an i have sppoken to them and it still hasny come

10/07/06  03:03pm

Mike101
View Profile

Message To: Bluey212   In reference to Message Id: 1013025

Reptile city

They are the worst. On forums ive seen people have gotten limbless animals, dead animals (replaced by more dead animals), and those who ask for refunds often dont get them. They dont answer your calls/messages/emails and they take their time to deliver (people have told me theyve waited months for either their animal or a refund and didnt get either). When I wanted a tracking number after my order was a few weeks late they literally dodged phone calls. When they finally answered the employee said she wasnt at the office (what kind of business runs on a cell number) and will call me back in a few minutes when she gets there. She never called me back or answered the phone. This type of treatment happened to me repeatedly. From the people who did receive orders Ive seen that they dont ship humanely (theyd stuff a frog/moniter in a bag and put that into a box), their animals arent fed well and have come covered in mites. Ive seen people get excuses from them, ranging from the owner being in the hospital to being involved with a falling bridge. They flat out lie about delivery dates and the conditions of their animals. Avoid this place at all costs.

08/14/07  05:10pm

RAE-JAE
View Profile

Message To: Mike101   In reference to Message Id: 1403436

Reptile city

try lll reptile they are very reliable.

lllreptile.com

08/28/07  01:11pm

Tebo442
View Profile

Message To: Mike101   In reference to Message Id: 1403436

Reptile city

omg dude thank u for ur messege on the forum on reptile city for telling me how bad they are i was about to get a reticulated python from there and then i read this so then i whent to bbb the goverment reveiws too show how good rep city really is and the review said poor there homepage was so convincing too oh and i too recomend lllreptile.com they have really cheap u can buy a nile monitor for $30...............................................................$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

05/17/08  06:19am

Chippychop
View Profile

Message To: Tebo442   In reference to Message Id: 1738018

Reptile city

thats not right I’ve ordered lots of reptiles from reptilecity and 9 out of 10 were fine and any problems I ran into they fixed/as far as colards go they seem to be the only place in the us who has any!yeah lllreptile is good too:however you can call and talk to any assiocite at reptile city and if you have any logic then I,m sure you,ll get what you want!I,m getting ready to purchase two male collards several females for breeding and a leopard lizard pair !I,ll let you know the results here shorly but I,m sure they will be in great condition! so theres my imput !thanks Chip!

05/19/08  08:47am

CollaredsGUY
View Profile

Message To: Chippychop   In reference to Message Id: 1739895

Reptile city

kind of curious went to the site and tried to see their operation, and i was just wanted see how to order stuff, and they have one gneric picture of a bunch of collareds. how do you know what your buying??? i dont like that. this isnt just buying a peice of murchandise. its an animal, and i have no clue what the animals condition is or if they even have the reptiles. how did you specify what kind of reptile you wanted?? as far as i knew i could be getting two males or two females, or 1 of each. how do you chose. way to generic.

05/19/08  09:24pm

Chippychop
View Profile

Message To: CollaredsGUY   In reference to Message Id: 1740682

Reptile city

thats right it is a generic pic:however you can call an associate from retilecity and go one on one!I’m confident that I’ll be getting what I want from them or any other store ! or they will be ,making it right one way or another /thats just the givin! anyway it all boils down to personal preference !!if I had my way I have a whole bunch of the arizona collard lizards ! they are by far the best looking ever!any buh buy for now Chip!

05/20/08  05:11pm

Reptileruler1
View Profile

Reptile city

After you order they send you an email then you reply telling them what you want and if you want to know if any are in stock just call them

05/20/08  05:11pm

CollaredsGUY
View Profile

Reptile city

whats the update on your order from reptile city?? how sis it go. ordered two today....

05/25/08  10:24pm

CollaredsGUY
View Profile

Message To: CollaredsGUY   In reference to Message Id: 1746432

Reptile city

Got two collareds from reptile city. they seem very healthy, and they are not dead!! not sure about mites tho, i gave them a bath in baby oil and am going to keep them in quarentine. great looking lizards!!

05/30/08  08:03pm

Mrgrim
View Profile

Message To: CollaredsGUY   In reference to Message Id: 1751445

Reptile city

On December 8th 2008 I orderd crickets from reptile city and it is now January 25th 2009 and still no crickets. Today I contacted reptile city again. It had been two weeks since my last contact with them at that time I was assured by the owner Felton Willis of reptile city that my order was on its way. This was a lie its been over a month with no contact iniciated by reptile city. Today I contacted Felton during buisness hours he told me "im on my out of church and will call you back in 1 hour" Well after waiting a month I could wait another hour well that hour came and went no call I let another 40 min’s go by before I deciede to call back. This time Felton didn’t pick up it was his wife with the same story about being in church when I confronted her she changed the story to "im in the dining room" she was very aggresive on the phone with no provication. I asked when she would be able to call me back and check my order status she said sometime today. I said ok giving them a third chance to lie to my face. A few min’s later Felton called back demanding my order number so he could cancle it I gave it to him. I asked Felton isn’t is policy to withdraw money from the customers bank account after the order is shipped? he had no reply. I will be checking my bank statment to see if my money has been refunded if not I will contact my bank and have them persue this matter. Bottom line at reptile city they lie to you they will not contact you if your order is delayed they just take your money.

01/25/09  03:35pm

Swimmerchic
View Profile

Message To: Mrgrim   In reference to Message Id: 1939384

Reptile city

After my very recent experience with reptile city, I really feel like I should share it with anyone who is considering buying ANYTHING from them. I placed an order for a map turtle about 3 weeks ago. I’m a resident in Texas, and the weather this time of year is pretty off the wall - 80 degrees last week, 20 degrees today. The first turtle I received was shipped in a USPS express mail envelope (just cardboard) with no heat pack and very little tissue paper. Not only badly packaged, but was shipped on the coldest night of the month (thus far). The turtle was obviously infected with a fungus and never opened its eyes. The poor thing didn’t make it through the night. So I called Felton (who is the only employee that I know that answers the phones... besides his wife at the "restaurant") and he told me he would have a replacement in the mail the following week when the weather was better (I said OK). The following week was 80 degrees... no turtle. I called several times and go the run-around. This week is 20 degrees... and I get an email that a replacement has shipped. We will see what the poor thing looks like tomorrow. I would think that someone who prides himself in his animals would take better care to watch the weather report (we should be warm and sunny by Monday). I will never buy from Felton again.

01/27/09  11:35pm

Jonnydelane
View Profile

Message To: Mike_33   In reference to Message Id: 995537

Reptile city

i received a day gecko from them a month after they said they shipped it and it was covered in mites and did not last the night. i could get them to send a replacement. i also got a black and gold tegu. he seemed fine but they shipped him in a little bag that they put inside a thin foam envelope

10/14/09  02:30am

PerfectPrey
View Profile

Message To: Jonnydelane   In reference to Message Id: 2083713

Reptile city

Thought I would make my first post meaningful by sharing my experience.

Bought two savannah Monitors and A RTB BEFORE looking into reptile city. *Note to self, ALWAYS check forums/BBB first*

After 3 days I got an email stating they were out for shipment. They arrived SAME DAY AS THE EMAIL in a Flat Rate ENVELOPE . The two savs were packed in a 3" wide by 2" tall plastic dish with a small crumple of tissue and two holes in it for air. The rtb was packed likewise and all were FREEZING. (here on the coast our nights are cold and THREE DAYS in transit means 3 NIGHTS without heat.)

I was unhappy with their shipment but gave them the benefit of the doubt and placed another order for 5 more LARGE reptiles (assuming he’ll take better care for larger reps)

After 3 days (payed instantly with paypal) I wrote to see when they’d be shipped. Got a cal back same day saying:

"Well turns out we ran our of _____, ______, & _______. So I’ll send you out _______, and ______ this week and ____.______._____ NEXT week."

I then asked if he could hold my order and have them all shipped at once, to which he replied that they shipped out two days ago and he cant do that.

They arrived that afternoon, Alive, but again, cold and poorly shipped in a small flat rate box.

The next 1/2 of my order is due this week (It’s now Wednesday) and I’m not sure I’ll even GET it. If I do, chances are they’ll be AGAIN , poorly packed, and due to our weather, will likely be dead.

If he (i think its a one man show) screws me over it’ll be his last.

IMO they’re liars for sure, and chances are hes a crook

05/11/11  05:16pm

SoozieAyn12
View Profile

Message To: PerfectPrey   In reference to Message Id: 2218508

Reptile city

how did they end up were they healthy?
IM thinking about ordering a black throat monitor and i want to make sure it will be healthy.

04/23/13  11:17pm

Back to Collard Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area