Collard Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Collard Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Snakenator   ThesaurusRex   Reptileruler1  

Member  Message

Snakenator
View Profile

WHAT LIZARD?

I would like to know what lizard everyone would suggest as the best for me. Here are some things to keep in mind...
-small. not a monitor or tegu. something that is less than 3 ft long
-handleable. I know that lizards and reptiles are not really known to be something to be holding a lot, but
not going to run away at the first chance.
-food... i am cool with vegetables, any worms, rodents, fruits, special pellet do-das. I have snakes, not
had many lizards in the past, and this is because crickets are a NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!

I know there are no perfect lizards. I can compromise on a lot of stuff. just tell me what you think.

03/19/12  07:13pm

ThesaurusRex
View Profile

Message To: Snakenator   In reference to Message Id: 2259400

WHAT LIZARD?

Why are crickets a "No no no"?

I sort of disagree on the handling part. Some lizards are really okay with being handled and some even love it.

You’ve got some pretty high standards for a lizard, from which I assume comes from parents? Diet-wise your best option is a crested gecko, but even they still need crickets as well. However, most typically do not enjoy handling very well.

Your best bet is a Uromastyx, but keep in mind you have to keep their enclosures VERY hot. They are herbivorous and you MUST keep track of their diet.

I also see you have posted this on multiple forums. This is unnecessary.

03/24/12  04:44am

Reptileruler1
View Profile

Message To: ThesaurusRex   In reference to Message Id: 2259946

WHAT LIZARD?

chuckwalla or bearded dragon maybe.

06/08/12  06:55pm

Back to Collard Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area