Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Collard Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Collard Lizards Forum

Chippychop   JackAsp   Reptileruler1  
 Member  Message

Chippychop
View Profile

I,ve been real busy/but I still have my collard lizard

I,m sorry I have been away/been real busy with life but good news I still have my auqua flame collard and he,s doing good /I plan to get some females /my question is////can you house westernd collards with eastern and do they ever breed for a hibrid????Chip also hello to reptile ruler still think about you all the time !hope your collards are doing good!

08/07/10  09:14pm

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Chippychop   In reference to Message Id: 2167783

Cool! Glad he’s doing well.

I’lll be honest with you. The reason I didn’t respond to your inquiry about finding a CL before was that I was like "um... what the hell keeps happening to them?"
However, looks like I’m still no help. The only "babies" I’ve got from last year are males.

Yeah, people hybridize collareds all the time. In my opinion, it beats inbreeding! However, do be careful about size. A female locked in a cage with a significantly larger male can get very hurt. One reason I opted for Pancho was that he was a few months younger than Chica and Lupe, and therefore small enough that they could teach him some manners when necessary. Today, he’s as massive as they are, and since they all know each other I don’t worry, but that initial "welcome to the cell block" period is what you’ve got to worry about.

08/08/10  12:54am

Reptileruler1
View Profile

Message To: Chippychop   In reference to Message Id: 2167783

That’s awesome man my collareds are doing great still and I am actually getting some more soon.

08/08/10  04:30pm

Back to Collard Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area