Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Collard Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Collard Lizards Forum

Avla   Avla   JackAsp  
 Member  Message

Avla
View Profile

Brumation

I recently got two collared swift lizards , they were both active and now the female is sluggish and hasn’t eaten in about two days, while the male has been active, alert, eating, ect. Then tonight the female fell asleep outside her hide and started twitching, i went to pick her up but she was stiff, yet still breathing. I’m not sure if it’s due to brumation, pregnancy, ect. I haven’t been able to find my care sheets on them. My husbandry consists of calc-sand, I provide them with two hides, mist their cage up to three times a day, since I have only had them for a short period they have eaten meal worms. I spray vita spray on them everyday and they have a regular 75watt uvb bulb while being housed in a 55 gallon tank. Please if you have any information to help me out with what is going on, it would be much appreciated.

11/09/09  11:47pm

Avla
View Profile

Message To: Avla   In reference to Message Id: 2093906

Brumation

Unfortunatly, she died this morning. I emailed the breeders I got her from and am waiting for a reasponse. If anyone has any idea what may have caused this please let me know.

11/10/09  01:08pm

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Avla   In reference to Message Id: 2094015

Brumation

It sounds either biological or chemical. Pathogen or toxin. But there are so many ways to get the same symptoms even a vet would have to do a biopsy to identify the specific cause. In case it’s biological, though, I would watch the other one very, very closely. They’re not a species I have any experience with, though.

11/11/09  03:41pm

Back to Collard Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area