Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Collard Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Collard Lizards Forum

Chippychop   Jared T   Rexxaroo   Chippychop   Jared T   Chippychop   Jared T   JackAsp   Reptileruler1  
 Member  Message

Chippychop
View Profile

Dead!!!!

I lost three collards in less then two weeks I,m pretty pissed

07/06/09  09:49pm

Jared T
View Profile

Message To: Chippychop   In reference to Message Id: 2035246

Dead!!!!

What why?

07/07/09  10:54pm

Rexxaroo
View Profile

Message To: Jared T   In reference to Message Id: 2035905

Dead!!!!

poor chip! you havent had very good luck with your lizards latley XP RIP your leezads

07/08/09  06:58pm

Chippychop
View Profile

Message To: Rexxaroo   In reference to Message Id: 2036346

Dead!!!!

when I bought them they were skinny and dehidrated and they just never took to anything ///I had two females die within 24 hours of purchase stress i guess and my male lived for about two weeks and then just kicked the bucket ///I have a good cage set up I just can’t seem to get healthy lizards I have one male left we will see how he does ????

07/08/09  07:06pm

Jared T
View Profile

Message To: Chippychop   In reference to Message Id: 2036348

Dead!!!!

How long was the shipping process?

07/08/09  07:08pm

Chippychop
View Profile

Message To: Jared T   In reference to Message Id: 2036349

Dead!!!!

I,m not sure I picked them up from a pet store. they gave me a deal cause they were in ruff shape to begin with but man alive they sure died fast !!!my females died so fast I never got a chance to feed them and my male put up a good fight for life but in the end he died too/I ’ve got one out of four still alive a kicking I’ll show pics of him soon!

07/08/09  08:33pm

Jared T
View Profile

Message To: Chippychop   In reference to Message Id: 2036404

Dead!!!!

Make sure he’s drinking. When I got my three fencies they wouldn’t drink out of the dish, so I use a water bottle with a pin hole in the bottom to create a dripper. If you squeeze it to let droplets fall in front of them generally they’ll drink it. Water water! Now only one of mine will drink out of the water dish. They don’t even lap water when I mist the cage so ugggghhhhhh! One down, two to go! lol

07/08/09  08:47pm

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Jared T   In reference to Message Id: 2036409

Dead!!!!

The solution is to stop financially rewarding pet shops for treating their lizards like crap. Check out Kingsnake; practically every single post there is "Look at my eggs hatching." Buying from an actual breeder is more expensive than somebody who just catches and sells/ resells them. Even if the pet shops says "CB" odds are they’re either flat out lying or it’s the result of a gravid female that was captured right before laying. Making sure you get lizards that were started properly by someone who gave a damn is worth it. Plus, it’s a hell of a lot easier on the lizards. The guy I bought from held onto them for over a month for me until we could get just the right day off/ shipping option/ local weather. They were eating within an hour and mating within a month. (Well, Pancho and Chica were. Pancho took a little longer to put the moves on Lupe. Lupe is a big girl!) Shipping included, I paid 120 dollars for the trio. No doubt I could have gotten a trio at a herp show for 45, but would they still even be ALIVE, much less happily acclimated?

07/08/09  10:17pm

Reptileruler1
View Profile

Message To: JackAsp   In reference to Message Id: 2036467

Dead!!!!

this is what most collareds look like when you get them from a pet shop
day one

2 week

3 week

when I got him he was a rescue and had MBD, was dehydrated, malnourished and had an RI. HE did make it though and if you want to keep them alive while they’re like that you usually have to force feed them anyway if you get anymore and need help then ask quick or they go down hill quick
3 months

07/09/09  10:51am

Back to Collard Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area