Collard Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Collard Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sagebrushsam   Kleie777   Chippychop   Jadealone   Mc5fan1968  

Member  Message

Sagebrushsam
View Profile

Uncomon collard

hi every one i wanted to tell you about a very strange collard lizard we have, we just call him lizard.
my wife hadnt seen a collard lizard before so one day i saw one down the road from the house so i caught him and took him home to show my wife. she was quite struck by him and i set him on our bath sink vanity in front of the window figuring i would turn him lose later that day. the next day, i kinda just ignored himi saw him watching us, now mind you ive had many collards some calm and some wild as march hairs. as i watched him watching us i figured he was hungry and walked out side and caught him a grass hopper, he ate it from my finger,needless to say i was shocked. as the days went by he had free run of the house and settled into our master bed room and bath. it has been over two months now and he is part of the family, he plays with my wife and our 2 year old daughter. when i come home and lay on our bed in the evening he will crawl up into my chest and go to sleep.he watches tv and loves the puter, probaly the heat that comes off of it. at nite he will crawl under the covers onto the eadge of my wifes pillow and goes to sleep..lol.i end up putting him in a towel and take him back to his window for the nite where in the morning he meets the sun rising. he has no fear of us and can get away anytime he wishes but he seems to want the interaction of being with us, he seems to love being stroked and awaits me feeding him. well ive rambled enough about him ,i was just curious if anyone else had a lizard acting this way...thanks

07/19/08  12:15am

Kleie777
View Profile

Message To: Sagebrushsam   In reference to Message Id: 1801422

Uncomon collard

i wonder if someone bought him then let him go?

07/20/08  11:15pm

Chippychop
View Profile

Message To: Kleie777   In reference to Message Id: 1803599

Uncomon collard

wow it sounds like a lizzard that been handled ?however there are strange cases of wild lizards actaully eating from hand thats a really hard one/do you have any pics that would cool! CHIP!

08/30/08  10:53am

Jadealone
View Profile

My Collard came when I called w/no food.

Hi, I think there’s something really special about Collards. I swear that mine used to hug my neck when we were playing. I used to let him out in the house to explore and get exercise and he would come running up my leg when I called him. I thought he was very affectionate
. I just put a short video up on youtube.com,( I think it shows up on Google too if you type in "my lizard comes when I call him".)
I had him about 3 1/2 years til I came home from work one day and he had dug himself inbetween the heat rock and the water bowl (he loved sitting in the warm water ). He baked to death. I was devistated. And I learned the hard way not to keep the heat rock there.
Thanks for the story. I love reading about extraordinary lizards. It’s so cool. Their reputation for being cold blooded and non-emotional/feeling can be wrong in some cases (not the blood part, :)
I hope you’ll check the video out. Thanks

11/06/11  05:22pm

Mc5fan1968
View Profile

Uncomon collard

All 3 of my Collard Lizards Bask and Sleep together. They will ride on me while I feed, water and tend to my other 8 Lizards in the morning. One named Fred is very friendly toward me and will sit with or ride on my shoulder for hours. They all 3 live together and I have seen no fighting atall.

12/10/11  05:52am

Back to Collard Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area