Chuckwallas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Chuckwallas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Snakenator   Whatsupchuck   Monster Matt  

Member  Message

Snakenator
View Profile

WHAT LIZARD?

I would like to know what lizard everyone would suggest as the best for me. Here are some things to keep in mind...
-small. not a monitor or tegu. something that is less than 3 ft long
-handleable. I know that lizards and reptiles are not really known to be something to be holding a lot, but
not going to run away at the first chance.
-food... i am cool with vegetables, any worms, rodents, fruits, special pellet do-das. I have snakes, not
had many lizards in the past, and this is because crickets are a NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!

I know there are no perfect lizards. I can compromise on a lot of stuff. just tell me what you think.

03/19/12  07:13pm

Whatsupchuck
View Profile

Message To: Snakenator   In reference to Message Id: 2259399

WHAT LIZARD?

My vote (obviously) is for a chuckwalla. They are vegetarian, size appropriate and very easy to handle if you can get a captive born chuck. Uro’s may be a good fit as well. You can get the caresheets for both on this website.

03/23/12  03:09pm

Monster Matt
View Profile

Message To: Snakenator   In reference to Message Id: 2259399

WHAT LIZARD?

I LOVE my chuckwalla. He is so precious and cute. Just be careful where you get him from. I got mine at the Reptile Expo and he ended up being ill and cost almost $300 at the vet. Mine loves to eat arugula and baby spinach. They are also more unique than some other reptiles. It’s about time people get something more unique than bearded dragons and iguanas all the time. But that’s just my opinion.

07/29/13  01:58pm

Back to Chuckwallas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area