Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Chuckwallas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Chuckwallas Forum

Miketate   Miketate   Miketate   Johelian  
 Member  Message

Miketate
View Profile

Help needed!!

We recently got two chucks, trevor and daisy, well we decided on a temporary basis we were going to put our two baby feamle leopard geckos betty and boop in with them, all has been going well no fighting as we were told could happen, got on so well they used to always chill out under a lark rock together, so lately i ve noticed our daisy(the female chuck) has been off her food, and not really wanting to come out of her vivarium, so i evicted the geckos, and have been trying to feed daisy but she completly off her food even wax worms!!!(shocking!) but she is looking so old and thin even her tail is thin i have been told she only young, Trevor (my male chuck ) healthy as ever eating, escaping, climbing onto my curtains same old trevor stuff, and ideas whats happened to daisy as im ver concerned but the other problem is their isnt a vet nearby that deals with chucks. Also ever since i have daisy (bout 6 weeks) when she goes the toilet it is always stuck to her. oh and she smells!!!!!! an tips much appreciated.

10/08/08  05:20pm

Miketate
View Profile

Message To: Miketate   In reference to Message Id: 1877209

Help needed!!

please any ideas

10/09/08  04:32pm

Miketate
View Profile

Message To: Miketate   In reference to Message Id: 1877797

Update regarding help needed

Sadly Daisy died today. There was nothing we could do she just buried her nose in her sand and died. She was a lovely companion for Trevor, but he aint too bothered by it all. I posted a picture of her last night looking very frail. So you guys were the last to see her, RIP x

10/10/08  05:19pm

Johelian
View Profile

Message To: Miketate   In reference to Message Id: 1878380

Update regarding help needed

Very sorry about your chuck - sadly this probably isnt uncommon, especially if she happened to be WC (there are a lot of WCs around in the summertime). I wonder, what was her diet? The only reason I ask is because you mention waxworms...

10/12/08  01:47pm

Back to Chuckwallas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area