Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Chuckwallas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Chuckwallas Forum

Inzekter   Mattsass   RedGator  
 Member  Message

Inzekter
View Profile

iguana cola espinosa !!!!!

hey whats up, im from mexico , and my english is very very very very very bad, but heres a few questions. i have an iguana ( GOHIRA ), maybe some body can help me to find out if we r talking abt a boy or a grl, temperature, food, i have a few questions abt this in particular, gohira eat pinkies is that weird? i read they r vegetarians but i dunno exactly.....

i dont know the cientific name eathear , max grow, etc , i know nothing, firstable i put it on a tropical terrarium but today gohira have a big new home desertik with sand rocks etc etc etc ...

well ,, this is gohira.............

http://www.fororeptiles.org/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1196238864/

saludos!!!!!!! :D

11/28/07  04:10am

Mattsass
View Profile

Message To: Inzekter   In reference to Message Id: 1528527

chuckwallas latin name is Sauromulus obesus but the lizard you showed was a spiny-tailed iguana they are herbivores and can be aggressive. some species can grow up to one meter long heres a website that might help you
Link

12/19/07  02:48am

RedGator
View Profile

Message To: Inzekter   In reference to Message Id: 1528527

It’s definitely a male! The femoral pores are very large. The scientific name for spiny-tailed iguanas is Ctenosaura but I’m not sure what species yours is. They do eat mice and other small animals, but should have vegetables too. Where is it from?

05/29/11  03:26am

Back to Chuckwallas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area