Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Chuckwallas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Chuckwallas Forum

Bumdilly   Bobngale   Dilons part Ninja   Bobngale   Bumdilly   DEsertiGuana  
 Member  Message

Bumdilly
View Profile

Rubbermades

Could someone perhaps help me to better understand how to create an enclosure for chucks from a rubbermade? The idea of the bulbs, limited space and plastic is making me hesitant to attempt anything. Any information or photos would be very helpful. Thank you very much.

11/30/06  06:20pm

Bobngale
View Profile

Message To: Bumdilly   In reference to Message Id: 1078524

Rubbermaid’s

i currently keep my chuckwalla in a Rubbermaid with clear plastic the SMALL heat lamps i use do not even get close to melting the Rubbermaid.
however i only bought the Rubbermaid as a temporary fix to a serious space problem. it looks tacky, but "chuck" seems to like it.
on the cold side of the container i pore wild seeds and water them, the Rubbermaid make a good planter and "chuck" loves the constant fresh greens.

12/02/06  01:58pm

Dilons part Ninja
View Profile

Message To: Bobngale   In reference to Message Id: 1080531

Rubbermaid’s

Could you post pics and how large your rubbermaid is, and what wattage bulbs you have please?

12/03/06  06:06am

Bobngale
View Profile

Message To: Dilons part Ninja   In reference to Message Id: 1081237

Rubbermaid’s

I have a 65 watt uv light 4 to 5 inches from chucks bascking spot securd by custum cut notches in the rubbermiad. A flat rock propt up on a heat rock witch maintans 100 dgrees all the time
another 100 watt uv light haging thought the center of the lid
the tank is 4 feet long 1 1/2 feet wide and 1 1/2 feet tall.
the substraight is 2 to 3 inches deep and is a vary fine white sand.
im about to change it to smooth eged med size riverrock because chucks favorit fern "brittle fern" seems to grow better in it.
there is a deer anter for climing on th cold side and several cactos thoughout the cage for looks, Chuck clims on the cactos and hasn’t even noticed the deer antler.

12/03/06  04:00pm

Bumdilly
View Profile

Message To: Bobngale   In reference to Message Id: 1081739

Rubbermaid’s

thanks for the info. : )
ive been meaning to inquire about this. When you grow plants in the enclosure does it raise the humidity at all? since it would have to be growing somewhere that was regularly moist i figured it might.
also, what kind of cactus do you have living in there. I’ve been considering using some myself, just wondering what seems to be favored.
LL

12/03/06  10:38pm

DEsertiGuana
View Profile

Message To: Bumdilly   In reference to Message Id: 1082275

Rubbermaid’s

DOES THE CAGE GET TOO HUMID?, IT SOUNDS COOL BECAUSE YOU DO NOT ALWAYS HAVE TO BUY FOOD, I WANT TO MAKE ONE FOR MY DESERT IGUANAS

05/22/07  11:21pm

Back to Chuckwallas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area