Chameleons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Stitchthechameleon   Takahiro111   Mikeekirch  

Member  Message

Stitchthechameleon
View Profile

Baby chameleon wont eat so much.

I am a first time veiled chameleon owner and i am trying to get the hang of his caring. I have a 3 week old baby chameleon and i am worried about him. He ate many fruit flies when i got him in his little box yesterday and i put him in his new home with plants and many vines and branches. Today he only at one fruit fly in the morning and a wax worm in the afternoon. i tried feeding him crickets and he refuses. he is a light green color and i am worried about that too. can anyone give me some advice because i really do want my baby chameleon to eat more.

05/19/14  09:00pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Stitchthechameleon   In reference to Message Id: 2305215

He’s in a new home so he isn’t settled yet. He may refuse food because he’s not familiar with the new surroundings. Still try to offer food and don’t hold or touch him until he’s used to his ne home.

05/23/14  06:29pm

Mikeekirch
View Profile

Message To: Stitchthechameleon   In reference to Message Id: 2305215

Hey. I recently just purchased a Chameleon at the age of one, from someone who could not take care of him. I sure don’t have a lot of experience with Chameleons however, I do have a lot of knowledge. As mentioned above he is in a new enclosure so he is guaranteed to be more worried about finding good hiding spots and figuring out where everything is. He will get used of everything and his appetite will eventually pick up. Instead of feeding him bugs that are constantly moving around try getting a dish and leaving some Meal Worms in there. He will always know where the food supply is so that way if he does get hungry he will eat. From personal experience my Chameleon will NOT eat if I am close to his cage, perhaps trying to record his tongue. He waits for me to lay down or leave my room. The green colouring I wouldn’t be too worried about. He will get more colour as he ages for now simply google a Chameleon colour wheel and it will give you a basic outline of what colours mean emotion wise. Best of luck!!!

07/16/14  11:43pm

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area