Chameleons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Possumsgirl   LunaC  

Member  Message

Possumsgirl
View Profile

Veiled Chameleon Lumps

My 3 yr old Veiled Chameleon has two LUMPS that have appeared literally overnight on his head..one on jaw and one on forehead area. they are not open sores, just raised bumps covered with his normal looking skin. he ACTS healthy, eating great, moving all around cage, killer grip, normal basking..no change in what i am feeding or how, no change in cage temp or misting schedule... and he ACTS like same old Rango. Im SCARED!! Is this normal? absolute only change we have made is a week ago i changed out the bedding in his cage, replaced with reptibark type stuff that petsmart said was best for them (he doesnt really hang out down there anyway tho). I keep feces picked up, clean enviroment...

07/31/13  12:39am

LunaC
View Profile

Message To: Possumsgirl   In reference to Message Id: 2300073

Veiled Chameleon Lumps

Generally, seasoned keepers do not use any substrate in a cham’s enclosure, due to the possibility of molds, fungus, bacteria in the wet/humid environment a cham needs. Newspaper or paper towels are usually preferred.

Is is possible your cham could have been nibbled on by a cricket? Could there be parasites in the Repti Bark? What were you using before you switched to Repti Bark?

If Pet Smart employees really knew chameleons, they would tell you that no substrate is best for them. They’re arboreal, they don’t need substate.

08/01/13  06:52pm

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area