Chameleons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dakota17   Chameleon_man   Dakota17   Chameleon_man   Dakota17   Dafty  

Member  Message

Dakota17
View Profile

Shy oustalets chameleon

My female oustalets chameleon is very skittish. Ive never worked with them before so im not sure how to get her used to me. Any advice?

04/26/13  11:35pm

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Dakota17   In reference to Message Id: 2296360

Shy oustalets chameleon

you never owned a chameleon and you got an oustalets?!?!?!?!

the odds of you taming her down without stressing her out is going to be VERY hard. she is Wild caught. best thing to do is put her in a LOW traffic area in your house where there is not a lot of draft.

that should get her used to you gradually maybe try and get her out every 3 days for about 5-10 min.

04/29/13  11:57pm

Dakota17
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2296546

Shy oustalets chameleon

No I have had chameleons before, im just saying that ive never worked with the wild caught chameleons. I havent worked with oustalets either. Ive worked with veileds and jacksons before but they were captive bred and used to people. Im just looking for a little advice for the wild caught chameleons. Thx for replying, and sorry for the misinformation.

04/30/13  09:46am

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Dakota17   In reference to Message Id: 2296559

Shy oustalets chameleon

where did you get captive breed jackson chameleons?!? I would love some captive breed ones! the best thing to do its what I said earlier. but him in a low traffic area and get him out for a few min a day. He may just be one of those animals that you cant really hold. its not good for some chameleons. some chameleons just are not holdable without stressing them out to much.

04/30/13  10:08am

Dakota17
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2296560

Shy oustalets chameleon

See she doesnt mind handling somedays but I mean I havent had her for long. And my friend bred his pair of jacksons and I bought some from him after they got a decent size. They were really great chameleons, all of them :) but my oustalets is by far the hardest to get used to me lol but thank u so much for the advice! Ill be sure to try that out, see im really the only one that goes in my room so she mostly just sees me and sometimes a friend of mine or my mom and thats about it. But my mom seldom ever comes up there. She really just sees me.

04/30/13  01:59pm

Dafty
View Profile

Message To: Dakota17   In reference to Message Id: 2296575

Shy oustalets chameleon

Hi peeps don’t anyone think I’m starting this debate about handling Chams any Reps actually
But as she gets stressed about being picked up does that not tell ye they don’t want it like it or require being manhandled that’s all I’m saying ,
AJ

05/04/13  12:19pm

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area