Chameleons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Stachurski   Chameleon_man   Stachurski   Chameleon_man  

Member  Message

Stachurski
View Profile

New Cham Info

Hey guys, so I just got a male veild, he about 3 inches in length. I have I have him in a flexarium, its about 4 feet by 2 feet by 2feet, anyways I have alot of fake plans and sticks to climb on, i have a fogger at the bottom of the enclosure that runs 12 hours a day and a dripper that runs 12 hours as well, I mist the cage for about 3 mins at a time twice a day, Now he eats and drinks like a champ, but my biggest question is latley he has been venturing to the bottom of the cage, not going on the ground at all but like sitting on the stick towards the ground, Is this normal ? and his temps are about 95 in his basking spot, 75 - 80 at the middle of the cage, and about 105 at very peek top stick, is this all okay anything i should know or need to fix, thanks for all the help ( I have a uvb bulb and uva ) ( Also dust crickets )

03/21/13  12:56am

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Stachurski   In reference to Message Id: 2294085

New Cham Info

sounds like a lot of fogging. I would try and cut back a little

03/25/13  12:28am

Stachurski
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2294281

New Cham Info

okay will do !. now I made a mistake and have woodchip bark substrate becuase it helps with humidity but i noticed the lil bugger just ate like 3 chips in a row and there is like plenty of crickets in his cage.... is this a big problem ?, can he digest it

03/25/13  08:45pm

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Stachurski   In reference to Message Id: 2294340

New Cham Info

ooo that is not real good for them. The cool thing about vaild is that they will not over eat. I used to leave a container of crickets in the cage where he could get them but they could not get out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk7CCTCEdaE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHE0pd7zXRM

watch both of these videos to get an idea

03/25/13  09:35pm

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area