Chameleons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tracykins   LunaC   Harmonee   Tracykins  

Member  Message

Tracykins
View Profile

Rango is doing funny things. need help please

okay I’ve had my chameleon for a while now. I’m not quite sure what she is doing. lately she has been roaming around on the floor of her cage. could this be a sign that she is looking for a place to lay eggs? we thought she was just looking for more crickets, but now were not sure. and how much and often am i supposed to be feeding her? i wanna say shes at least a year old

10/15/12  02:30pm

LunaC
View Profile

Message To: Tracykins   In reference to Message Id: 2282883

Rango is doing funny things. need help please

Yeah, if Rango is a girl nearly a year old, then she is likely looking for a suitable place to lay eggs. If she has no proper "nest" she may not lay, could become egg-bound and could die.

It would have been good to research the care of chameleons either before or when you got her.

There is no fast and hard rule on feeding adults, particularly females. Gravid females will go off
food. Sick animals will go off food.

Adults eat less often and less quantity than growing chams. Offer food every day - if they eat, great. If they don’t, then remove uneaten crix, worms, whatever .. and offer the next day.

]Learn from your cham’s patterns. Pay attention to how much you feed and how much they eat and go from there.

Provide a laying bin/nest immediately! Increase humidity, water and privacy for your girl if she appears to be gravid.

10/22/12  12:40am

Harmonee
View Profile

Message To: Tracykins   In reference to Message Id: 2282883

I Can Help!!!

Check my site out and you will get many answer’s :)

http://sweb1.dmit.nait.ca/~harsenault1/DMIT208/chameleon-craze/help.html

10/25/12  03:33pm

Tracykins
View Profile

Message To: Harmonee   In reference to Message Id: 2283793

I Can Help!!!

what kind of sand is good for her? we don"t have play sand. i bought a calcium rich sand from the pet store is that gunna be alright?

10/30/12  11:50pm

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area