Chameleons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Akamiracles   Chameleon_man   LunaC   Harmonee  

Member  Message

Akamiracles
View Profile

Help?!?!?!

i have had my chameleon for almost 4 months now. he is normally pretty active, chasing bugs around the cage, moving around in the cage, exploring, etc, lately he just kinda sits there he will go after a grasshopped very slowly, but not much else, he sits on the same branch for hours. what do i do?

10/04/12  09:34pm

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Akamiracles   In reference to Message Id: 2282148

Help?!?!?!

mine used to do that do but was fine, It could be something and it could be nothing, that is why chams should only be for advanced herp keepers. chams are amazing and hiding stuff from you, you wont know there sick untill there about to die.

Is his mouth open?

10/05/12  08:57am

LunaC
View Profile

Help?!?!?!

How old is your cham? Grasshoppers are not the best feeder insects and sometimes chams go off food because they need/want a change in diet. Just like in the wild, they need a diversified diet.

Crickets are probably the best feeders due to the lack of excessive chitin and the protein content they do provide (if properly gut-loaded).

Grasshoppers can bite and they spew that brown, bitter liquid ("tobacco juice") as a defense mechanism. Chams don’t like grasshoppers ... no lizard prefers grasshoppers.

Give your cham crickets for his staple diet and nice plump (silk, horn, Phoenix) worms for treats. You will both be happier and healthier :)

10/22/12  01:17am

Harmonee
View Profile

I can Help!!!!!

Check out my site for potential answer’s to your question! It’s most likely calcium deficiency. You will love my site :)

Link

10/25/12  03:30pm

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area