Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Chameleons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cgroffameleon   Chameleon_man   Cgroffameleon   Cgroffameleon   Chameleon_man   Cgroffameleon  

Member  Message

Cgroffameleon
View Profile

Getting a veiled chameleon

hey everyone! I’ve decided that I’m going to add a new addition to my family & pick up a baby veiled chameleon. Ive purchased this setup.chameleon habitat. i know chameleons need to be sprayed i was just wondering what mister would be good. i know some can be cheap. & also any pointers you could give me would be great! What live plants would be good i know ficus & some ivys are chameleon friendly. I also plan on adding a waterfall as well. Thanks anything helps!

07/12/12  05:22pm

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Cgroffameleon   In reference to Message Id: 2273068

Ok first just do it right! DO NOT CUT CORNERS! :-) I recommend the monsoon mister. i have one and love it!! also get a repti fogger. I am not sure about live plants. i do not like them in my cam tanks. but thats just me.

07/15/12  02:50pm

Cgroffameleon
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2273422

Ok thanks good to know! & definitely Ive had north american chameleons or green anoles. But Im fully aware that it is something not to be taken lightly i have my cage set up minus the mister. i still have to get calcium to dust the crickets but I’m making sure i have an ideal setup before i pull the trigger correct temp, humidity, etc. A chameleon is not like an anole & I’m fully aware I’ve been told they are like no other reptile & believe I’m ready to take that step. & as far as live plants I’ve heard they are great for helping to maintain humidity in a screen cage where it can be tricky. I have heat lamp & UVB i just think I’m going to put maybe a benjamin ficus in there or something because I know they also like to munch the leaves.

07/15/12  06:11pm

Cgroffameleon
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2273422

Just bought a repti fogger

07/15/12  06:24pm

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Cgroffameleon   In reference to Message Id: 2273456

sounds like your doing it good :-) good luck :-)

07/15/12  06:47pm

Cgroffameleon
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2273460

thanks mate!

07/15/12  06:49pm

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area