Chameleons Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Switch   Gonecrazynback   Cads   Deadlyconfetti   Cads  

Member  Message

Switch
View Profile

Female ?????

We recently bought a vieled cham the pet shop did not know the sex, there are no spurs so i’m guessing female.
today she started digging holes she does not look like she has eggs but could she be preparing to lay ?

04/04/12  04:32am

Gonecrazynback
View Profile

Message To: Switch   In reference to Message Id: 2261372

Female ?????

Always have somewhere to lay eggs just to be sure. If they don’t feel comfortable laying their eggs, they retain them, get sick and die. You are right about the spurs. She is a female if she has no tarsal spurs. Good luck!

04/05/12  05:39pm

Cads
View Profile

Message To: Gonecrazynback   In reference to Message Id: 2261608

Female ?????

get a bucket14 inch of calci sand a used daml it and cover top with leaves and place a branch goin into it she will dig test holes to see how it s before digginng a tunnel to lay this can take over 24hours to complete so hwen she done give her planty food and water as it takes a lot from them females hard to keep more than males

04/08/12  01:13pm

Deadlyconfetti
View Profile

Message To: Cads   In reference to Message Id: 2261961

Female ?????

Okay first off i do not agree with the calc sand...

But a good rule of thumb for the laying bin is to have one at least her length and a half deep and as long as she is wide so she has lots of room to move around freely and dig test holes.

Use a mix of childrens play sand and garden soil ( i use garden soil in the bottom as well to keep up humidity and change it out every couple of weeks or i wash it in the backyard in the bin which i add boiling water too to kill bacteria, you can also buy stuff that you can spray to clean as well )

if she is going ot lay make sure she is getting enough calcium and fed well as it will take a lot out of her =), another thing is to watch how much she is eating, i always feed inside a cup, liek a deli clear cup so that her food doesnt run away and you can make sure she is getting everything she needs each feeding.

hope this helps.

imo calc sand shouldnt even be sold it kills more then it helps with anything.

05/08/12  02:35pm

Cads
View Profile

Message To: Deadlyconfetti   In reference to Message Id: 2265682

Female ?????

have bred chams for over 7 years had hatches of 70 eggs at a time and not one death in total probally over the years i had around 20 times i had a hatch of eggs and no deaths all in calci sand they were layded
no problem here

05/13/12  10:24am

Back to Chameleons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area